• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 Rev 800r Clutch Kit Suggestions?

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
I just ordered the Team Tied Secondary, and I was thinking of upgrading my primary since I haven't been able to find any after market complete primary clutches, what clutch kit do you guys recommend that will work well with the team tied driven?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I don't think you will find anyone that has run the new TEAM on a Rev....so doubtful you will get any recomendations. That other thread has my setup for the '04Team.....so maybe Team can recommend the equivalent helix/spring setup for your new clutch...???

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
I don't think you will find anyone that has run the new TEAM on a Rev....so doubtful you will get any recomendations. That other thread has my setup for the '04Team.....so maybe Team can recommend the equivalent helix/spring setup for your new clutch...???

Ah good point, I came across this other thread where somebody was asking for best mods for 500$ and some people recommended a bunch of different primary clutch kits, but there wasn't alot of feedback on the specific kits, more just a list.

I'll give team a call and see what they have to say.

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
Ok talked to Team,

This is what they recommend for a STOCK 07 800r setup 9000+ ft

Primary
412 Ramps
160/320 Primary spring
Empty stock pin or get adjustable pins (10.5 kit)

Driven (tied)
66-60.36/66-62.33
Black and Red

Last edited:
B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
While your in the primary, probably a good time to go over the stuff WinterBrew lists in the other thread....spring cap bushing, make sure pivots are clean, etc....

Ya, good call, although my primary was just rebuilt before the season ended.. I'm not sure i'm going to have it myself I'm leaning towards just sending both clutches up to thinair motorsports, I've never mucked with clutches before.

D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada
Oh dude, you don't know what you're missing! Easy way to kill hours and hours and hours in the garage....THEN you get wrapped up in it and start bringing clutch pullers, spring compressors, torque wrenches and helix's to the hills.....and annoy all your buddies while you're "getting it juuuust right". Hahahaha. (Gaaawd I wish I never learned anything about clutches.....)

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
Oh dude, you don't know what you're missing! Easy way to kill hours and hours and hours in the garage....THEN you get wrapped up in it and start bringing clutch pullers, spring compressors, torque wrenches and helix's to the hills.....and annoy all your buddies while you're "getting it juuuust right". Hahahaha. (Gaaawd I wish I never learned anything about clutches.....)

Ha, actually I would like to learn how to do it, I'd be the only person in town that knows anything about ski doo clutches..but if I'm going to be spending time in the garage it's playing with shiney new millermatic211. if only i could weld my clutches together.

T
Mar 8, 2009
eastern sierras
Ha, actually I would like to learn how to do it, I'd be the only person in town that knows anything about ski doo clutches..but if I'm going to be spending time in the garage it's playing with shiney new millermatic211. if only i could weld my clutches together.

easy now... their are some of use that know skidoos beter than you know the back of your hand...rookie

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.

LMAO....step away from the Kokanee Dave.. :beer;

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
easy now... their are some of use that know skidoos beter than you know the back of your hand...rookie

hahah, well then come out of the wood works and give a rookie a hand :)Every person I talked to around town, seems to only be into tuning polaris clutches, it's all we have at the mountain. Who are you btw, have we ridden together? Over the past 3 seasons I haven't ridden with/seen another person who has a 07 151 up here (unless it's an X and this is fred, but I'm pretty sure fred would have offered to give me a hand!)

I have Beer, Cash, a willingness to learn, tools, a garage, or a two up trailer if you ever need somebody to ride with. Shot you off a PM.. We are looking at possibly being able to ride the ridge next week.. Would be great to be able to ride the doo and not the cat.

Last edited:
D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada
....and a welder. Don't forget that! EVERYONE needs welding! LOL.

Brew: no Kokanees yet (wine at supper tho, hehehe). I kid you not, I pulled the primary and changed ramps, springs, weights sitting at the top of a mountain in Revy....and yes, I took heat from the boys!

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
....and a welder. Don't forget that! EVERYONE needs welding! LOL.

Brew: no Kokanees yet (wine at supper tho, hehehe). I kid you not, I pulled the primary and changed ramps, springs, weights sitting at the top of a mountain in Revy....and yes, I took heat from the boys!

Hell Ya! My fellow Canadian knows what's up! My welds may not be pretty but they penetrate and hold strong.. I can also install NOS kits, build websites, and under water basket weaving.

Last edited:
R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
Hell Ya! My fellow Canadian knows what's up! My welds may not be pretty but they penetrate and hold strong.. I can also install NOS kits, build websites, and under water basket weaving.

Clutching should be nothing then for a guy with that skill set! :)

Seriously, our clutches need a fair amount of maintenence to keep them working good so you might as well just read and re-read a few of Joey's posts and get some clutch tools. Clutch tuning (not on the hill Dave!) is one of the more exciting parts of modding sleds. Any old knuckle head can throw big money at a sled but it takes a tuner to make a stocker beat up on a stocker.

Funny thing about clutching though, the more I learn, the less I know?

Rt

Premium Features