• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo size chart?

H
Nov 21, 2008
Missoula, Mt
I'm thinking of throwing a turbo on a secret engine. My friend that works at a diesel shop told me of a webpage that has a chart for turbos and engines. Just type in the cc's and it computes the recommended turbo size. I can't remember what it was or get ahold of him. Any help?

D
Nov 29, 2007
McCall Idaho
I spent a lot of time researching this years ago, and eventually came to a really silly, easy conclusion.

When all done, look at target horsepower. Lets say whatever you are doing, you are after about 250 horsepower when done.

Find a stock car or diesel truck or something that makes 250 horsepower, and then look at its turbo map. Odds are, it will be REALLY good.

whether it is diesel, 4 stroke, 2 stroke, rpm, VE, whatever you want to look at, the horsepower really determines the size of the turbo.

From there some turbos are better at higher boost numbers then others, but most turbos have a surprising wide range of boost.

Premium Features