• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

watch your trailers and trucks

V
Nov 30, 2007
just writing to tell every one i went up to fairy lake to try out a new sled and some ahole pulled my hitch pin out of my fold down ramp. and when i drove away it came crashing down. when i went in, just one car in parking lot subaru they were gone when i came out

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That sucks.

Where is Fairy Lake?

As a side note.....I have a habit, and it might be a bit obsessive, but when I pull into isolated places, especially with just one car, I often note license plates (and write them down) just in case something like that ever happens. Especially if it's a shared parking lot with subarus.
I've considered a trail cam as well. Crazy? Maybe, but guess who would get caught.

Last edited:
W

whitee

Nov 27, 2007
Billings, Cooke City MT
It sucks to get stuff stolen especially by fellow snowmobilers I had stuff stolen out of the back of my truck in the Pilot Creek parking lot twice last year and then to top it of 1 weekend Iget to my cabin in Cooke and my thermometer and extension cord are stolen off my deck and the next weekend I show up and a guy has his trailer plugged into my cabin! If someone needs help I am more than willing to give up whatever I have to help but man some people dont care about anyone but themselves.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
It sucks that sometimes people are jealous of something they don't have so they have to mess with other people's property. But being it was a subaru maybe he/she was mad that "us sledders are ruining the beautiful trees!" :face-icon-small-ton

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
It sucks to get stuff stolen especially by fellow snowmobilers I had stuff stolen out of the back of my truck in the Pilot Creek parking lot twice last year and then to top it of 1 weekend Iget to my cabin in Cooke and my thermometer and extension cord are stolen off my deck and the next weekend I show up and a guy has his trailer plugged into my cabin! If someone needs help I am more than willing to give up whatever I have to help but man some people dont care about anyone but themselves.

That is jacked up there, was he hooked up to your satellite dish also? :face-icon-small-dis

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT

Thats terrible. Did you say something to the guy plugged in? I would've snipped his cord end right off right in front of him.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Thats terrible. Did you say something to the guy plugged in? I would've snipped his cord end right off right in front of him.

No kidding. What a Jackwagon. Is a guy going to have to start flipping breakers off for the outside plugins when he leaves?

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana

Should have borrowed his trailer tires.

V
Nov 30, 2007
Fairy Lake

Fairy lake is in the bridgers north of Bozeman Next time will be taking down plate numbers if i ever catch one of these scumbags IM GONA KICK HIS ***

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
The damb greenies

Subaru = greeny = they hate us dude. lock all your stuff always. Im in Montana and we have to lock everything for the last few years they have reverted to dirty tactics.:face-icon-small-win

M
Mar 7, 2008
I know one of the charms of living here is honesty of most. But only takes 1-2jerks out there to ruin a ride and sour your whole season.
So I always keep the trailer hitch locks / safety chains locked and truck / trailer locked. For others emergency I wish was like years ago could leave vehicle unlocked, keys in vehicle, gas cans unlocked so someone in trouble could at least get out of weather / get fuel but those days long gone.

This year I'm getting locking gas cap on truck also.

For those who get info on the criminals out there, please report them.

Maybe put out motion sensing "game" cameras this year to catch them in the act? Those cameras not all that expensive and easy to place out somewhere.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
We sometimes snap pictures with our phones. Just good to have an idea if anything happens.

We do that all the time.
Got me out of a ticket because the cop didnt like me taking pictures of him and his trying to write me up gor something I didnt do.
We also nailed a poacher one year with a camera phone picture. F&G blew it up and read the license plate to track the guy down.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Livingston, MT
Subaru = greeny = they hate us dude. lock all your stuff always. Im in Montana and we have to lock everything for the last few years they have reverted to dirty tactics.:face-icon-small-win

Thanks for the stereotype! My wife and I own a Subaru. %6itheads come in lots of shapes and sizes. Don't judge a book by it's cover. Thanks. I get killer gas milage in our all wheel drive Impreza so I can spend more on sled gas :)

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Thanks for the stereotype! My wife and I own a Subaru. %6itheads come in lots of shapes and sizes. Don't judge a book by it's cover. Thanks. I get killer gas milage in our all wheel drive Impreza so I can spend more on sled gas :)

Well you are right about that. No kidding, I agree with you.

However, so often in our state, when there is a user conflict of skiers vs sledders, often times it's not just on the trail. Cowardice skiers will do things in the parking lot because they think sledders are doing them wrong by infringing on their right to "THEIR" peace and quiet. It's happened at Lolo Pass. It's the ole "different=wrong" mentality.

Last edited:
Premium Features