• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Should I Ditch the Heavy OEM Battery and get a Lightweight Lithium??? ??

otis

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
WOW!
What a battery!!

2.5lbs & 360 Cold Cranking Amps.

Feature 8 <table style="font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 12px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); " cellpadding="5"><tbody><tr><td style="font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; " valign="top" width="60%">12 Cell Model

Dimensions 113MM (L) x 87MM (W) x 100MM (H)
Weight 1045 grams, 2lb 5oz
Voltage (Charged) 13.6V
Amperage 6.9Ah
Cold Cranking Amps 360A pulse
Operating Environment -30°C (-22°F) to 60°C (140°F)
12 Cell EVO 2 (101-005) - $189.99

</td><td style="font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; " valign="top" width="215">
101-005-12cell.jpg

</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td colspan="2" style="font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; ">The 12 Cell EVO 2 model is the work horse of our line up.
This is the battery you need for your built 1000cc and up four cylinder or your big cruiser.
This battery puts out as much power as some of the biggest lead acid batteries on the market but weighs as much as 11lbs lighter!
The stock battery on a Harley weighs 12.4lbs while the Ballistic 12 Cell weighs less than 2.5lbs.
That’s a 10 lbs saving for less than $190 dollars!
The 12 Cell EVO 2 is housed in a custom made proprietary ABS case with hard mounted brass terminals so installation is direct replacement with the stock battery.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

I just ordered one of these to replace a 3 year old yuasa 10s that served me well. Only mornings -20F and colder were an issue. Never let me down once it was started in the morning.

Otis

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Here is one more option to look at. I know guys that were using the 8 cell ones on 525cc 14.5:1 compression big bore and 800cc big bore quads.
http://www.shop.antigravitybatteries.com/Antigravity-12-cell-Motorsport-Battery-AG1201.htm

Antigravity Products >> Antigravity 12-cell Motorsport Battery
1313613075568422642255.jpeg
Click To Enlarge

12-cell Lithium Motorsports Battery
2.4 lbs 450 Pulse Cranking Amps 360 CCA

Recommended for
1) Track/Race bikes up to 1500cc
2) Street only bikes up to 1300cc.
3) Bikes from 600cc to 1300cc street or track use
4) Big Enduro bikes KTM Super Enduro

• Item #: AG1201

Antigravity 12-cell Motorsport Battery

<form id="addToCartForm" method="post" action="/addtocart.sc"> Price: $219.00

</form>

A

andy_09

Dec 6, 2007
Great Falls Montana
ive got a lightweight mpi battery in mine thats on its last legs im gonna try and charge it and see if it holds but otherwise im gonna get a yuasa 7 or 10 and put my savings towards some race fuel

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Checked several sites selling the original YUSA.
All listing it as 11.2lbs.

Only way to know for sure is if someone wants to pull theirs and weigh it.

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Just bought the Anti Gravity 16 cell battery. 3.1 lbs and way more power. Talked to the guys at Antigravity and they said it never needs to be charged unless you have a power drain on your sled. He said put it on the sled and it should read 13.6 volts, check it the next day and if the volts have dropped at all you have a drain that you need to find. Otherwise this beast will last and will not lose power. Oh ya, itis smaller than the stock Nytro battery as well. I got it for $269.00 with free shipping.

The Antigravity 16-cell has MASSIVE power, it has ultra small foot print being about 4.25″ inches W x 4.75″ x 3″ but start bikes as big as 135 Cubic inch Hi-Performance Motors… This is a great battery for a Touring bikes, Custom builders who are seeking to lower the seat or hide the battery. Or serious Adventure riders.
600 Pulse CA 480 CCA
16 Amp Hours (PbEq)
4.25″ Long x 3.0″ Wide x 5.0″ Tall
3.1 pounds
For Race vehicles up to 2200cc
For Street Motorcycles up to 1800cc

16cell-low.jpg

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The size on the Ballistic 16 cell would not allow it to fit in the stock battery holder as it is TOO wide.

http://www.ballisticparts.com/tech/b...pplication.php

16 Cell EVO2 Battery
Dimensions: 112MM (L) x 112MM (W) x 103MM (H)

OEM
Dimensions:
Length = 6.875in / 175mm
Width = 3.43in / 87mm
Height = 6.125in / 155mm

But the AntiGravity looks like it might fit!

Length = 4.25 in
Width = 3.0 in
Height = 5.0 in

Of some passing interest.
Ballistic Batteries DOES suggest using the 16 cell battery as the replacement for the OEM battery, and not the 12 cell.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I was never able to get Ballistic to reply to my e-mails.
So I fired off a letter to AntiGravity and they replied back IMMEADIATLY.

Already a sign of a company interested in Customer Support.

here is what they had to say about their batteries.

I am buying one of their 16 cell batteries today for my personal use and for a review.

=====

We want you to test it unbiased... I know we have recently starting selling in the snowmobile market and we get some write-backs from guys using them who are stoked and blown away... We are going to start pushing to that market in the coming year, and in fact our newly redesigned retail box has pics of Roadracer, MXer, JetSkier and Snowmobiler on the cover of the box... We are aiming to be the premium lightweight hi-power motorsports battery for all areas street, dirt, water, and snow...

The technology does work as we say it does... but since your reading this I may as well give you some info on this style battery, and the possible Negatives below this...

[FONT=verdana, geneva]Some of the benefits of Antigravity Batteries:[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva]1) Extreme Power- Up to 2 times the cranking amps as lead/acid and more powerful than other forms of lithium batteries. More power allows for a more rapid turnover of the motor, higher ignition voltage and larger spark at startup which provides much better starting. For example our 16-Cell model (used in Large V-Twins) puts out 480 Cold Cranking Amps, is 4.5 †x 3†x 5â€, and weighs only 3 pounds! The comparable Lead/Acid battery has 300 Cranking Amps is 7†x 4†x 6†weighs about 14 pounds! The Antigravity Battery is just over half the size yet has 180 MORE Cranking Amps and saves about 11 pounds![/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva]2) Ultra lightweight- Up to 80% less in weight than lead/acid batteries. On larger bikes this could be up to 14 pounds! In Race Cars we’ve seen 24 lbs in weight reduction… This leads to performance gains in handling, bbraking, and acceleration[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva]3) Ultra Compact- We build the most compact battery available. At almost half the size of Lead/Acid batteries it allows room for Power Commanders or additional Electronics in areas usually taken by the big lead acid batteries. This small size also allows Custom builders the freedom to lower seat heights, relocate the battery to a better location which allows the builder more design freedom. For dirt applications it can allow room for tools or an extra inner tube.[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva]4) No maintenance- No trickle charging is needed with Antigravity Batteries. They can hold a charge up to a year! Lithium does not suffer from a “natural discharge†that lead/acid does so it holds it charge without the need of a trickle charger.[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva]5) Longer Life/Reliability - These batteries are not affected by vibration or heat as are lead/acid batteries. They have the ability to accept up to 1500 Cycles compared to Lead/Acids 750 Cycles... almost twice as many as lead/acid which equals longer battery life.[/FONT]

As far as concerns regarding our batteries...

Extreme Cold weather can effect the initial power the battery produces, but after one start attempt the battery is back to full power because it warms the interior of the battery when the battery puts out energy... This effect is noticed more with the racers using the smallest battery to start big motors... If the correct size battery is used for the motor size then the effect is not really there. We only recommend our 12-Cell and larger batteries for use in extremely cold conditions...
1) On the first start attempt after letting the vehicle sit in freezing weather over night the turn over might be slower... this is due to the molecules within the battery itself needing to be warmed by an amperage discharge...but on the second start attempt (if even needed) the battery will regain its full power back because it has had an amp discharge which self warms the battery.... This is true of lead acid batteries also but the key is our batteries will get stronger after a start attempt where as Lead/acid gets weaker.

2) These batteries will be damaged by using a TRICKLE CHARGER..... Antigravity Batteries do not need trickle charging and these types of chargers ruin the battery...

If you have any other questions let me know..

Regards,
antigravitybatteries.com

Last edited:

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
christopher, you are awesome! Will try the same battery up here in Norway. We ride some times as low as 30`c. The original battery have turned it over in that temp.

S
Jan 25, 2011
Last edited by a moderator:

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
been running a Interstate 7 for 2 complete winters no problems, from my notes when I switched the battery
stock battery = 15#
Interstate 7s = 5.5#
weight savings @ 9.5#
now the scale was no high dollar calibrated one, but it should show the @ weight savings

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just as soon as the new High-Tech Lithium battery arrives, I will do the side by side comparison and see what we come up with for real world weight numbers.

K

KJFarmer

Aug 24, 2009
North Dakota
The perfect solution! Was having troubles with my van amburg cooler lines pinched between the battery and oil tank but with the smaller battery ill be in the clear.

Premium Features