• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 motor issues?

I
Nov 27, 2007
I have been debating selling my m7 and getting into a pro. Rode one last year for maybe 2 miles and loved how easy it was to ride but I am hesitant because of polaris's reputation with the 800 cc motors. Wanna know if people are having problems. Read a few people who apparently blew motors but it was on another site

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Search.. this topic has been beaten to death lately. Keep in mind there are a few people that try to spread a lot of negative wrap on the new 800, but most have had good luck with it.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
I had a few:
1. Bad Injector
2. 2 Broken Motor Mounts
3. Broken Primary Bolt (not engine related)

That being said, it sounds like a few others had the same problems, but there is a wide majority that have been trouble free. I didn't lose any time on the snow because my dealer hooked me up with their demo sled. The motor mount issue has been addressed with an updated mount. It was all covered by warranty and is still the most fun sled to ride imho. I know of a few others around here that have been trouble free. Well worth the risk.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
I have been debating selling my m7 and getting into a pro. Rode one last year for maybe 2 miles and loved how easy it was to ride but I am hesitant because of polaris's reputation with the 800 cc motors. Wanna know if people are having problems. Read a few people who apparently blew motors but it was on another site

Ride what you want.
I seized my 05 m7 3 times,
I siezed my 07 M8 1 time,
I siezed my 08 M8 1 time,

I siezed my 11 pro 1 time,
and I have a new pro that I havn't siezed.

Every sled was modded except for the 07 which was bone stock. The only 2 that were repaired under warranty was the 05 m7 because of a great dealer (racinstation all 3 times) and the 11 pro because of a great dealer in CA. The 07 stock was out of warranty, and the 08 was in warranty but denied.

Who says poo has engine problems?

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
It is my understanding that NO sled that has been modded, will be covered under warranty. So you have been very fortunate because of dealers it sounds to me like. :)

AND....I not sure one can blame Polaris for the issues with the modded Pro...right? I personally have not heard of, or seen ANY Pros going down. In my humble opinion, the PRO is the best sled money can buy....by far! Ready to kick keester right out of the crate. :)

Cheers!!

T G

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Nevada
het dan would seizing the 11 pro have alittle to do with boost,i dont think you can blame that one on polaris.

D
2012 EPA phase 3 ??

Has anyone got info on what poo had to do this year to meet the new regulations? With the new injectors will there be possible lean spots in the mapping to pass the new emissions standard? I want to ride the new chassis but I will wait to see if this motor has any issues.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
There will be a crapload of pro's on the snow this year , so far alot of people are haveing good luck only time will tell ,if your really worried wait a few months as there will be alot more ride reports.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Has anyone got info on what poo had to do this year to meet the new regulations? With the new injectors will there be possible lean spots in the mapping to pass the new emissions standard? I want to ride the new chassis but I will wait to see if this motor has any issues.
polaris was 2012 compliant with the 2011 sled..the new injectors were done for quality control issues..last season some bad injectors got put in sleds..so polaris changed manufacturers..

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
From what I know... the 2011 met the phase 3 standards

The engines have been pretty damn reliable... sure there are some very vocal people that have had problems... but most have had nothing but a excellent experience with their 800 PRO RMK's... both in handling, ride quality and reliability.

Last edited:
Premium Features