• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NyPro project

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
First off would like to say Thank You to all veterans for a amazing Memorial Day weekend for my son and I!

Now I finally got around to ordering my CMX belt drive kit and all I can say is WOW!! These products are as amazing in real life as they are in pictures, so impressed, thanks Mark for all the help and a great kit. I also posted a pic of the nytro motor mounted in the chassis we are ready to pull the bulkhead brace, machine our new one and install the CMX kit, it has been an extremely busy Spring, but hey that's how life and projects go! Hoping to have some detailed pics up of everything here soon. Here is also the custom wrap myself and Arctic FX came up with for this project she is rolled up in the garage ready to throw on when the time comes!!! Is it winter time yet :face-icon-small-ton

iphone pics 009.jpg iphone pics 010.jpg iphone pics 001.jpg iphone pics 005.JPG RUSH-RMK_NYPRO_MAGENTA LIME HOODLAYOUT_CHRIS BRAUN.jpg

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
This project in my mind is going to be compared to what 4 stroke dirt bikes did to super cross. Tighter turns, shorter take offs, bigger jumps, and faster speeds. I sure wish it were time to ride so I can quite visioning lines at night and work or a nasty hop over when the trees close you off!
Sorry just bored on a rainy night, any comments out there?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Take some more pics(better) of that motor sitting in that pro. I am interested. I am on a budget so I am going to do a yamadoo again but I would love to be able to do a pro instead.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
I am going over tomorrow to pick up panels and hood so I can install wrap, also take a bunch of pics.

Is there anyone reading this build that would be interested in powder coating my skid black, and running boards lime green for a reasonable price? We are working with one of the magazines and featuring this build so it would present an opportunity for advertising for you! Thanks for any help..

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Ya breaking news, summer sucks! Scott and Tim have been battling flooding, and busy schedules on top of jumping through all the hoops with city/county to get approved for their new shop. They assured me motor mounts were done and bulkhead brace is cut to perfection but would not send me photos till belt drive was on and motor mounted. So here I sit waiting for pics to show up, oh ya we came up with a very exciting idea for exhaust to! It would take too long to explain I would rather just show you all ; ) it's coming just a few more long hot miserable summer days.

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
Yes we will be saving all measurements for braces and mounts so we can offer a direct bolt in kit! Thats why we are pushing to get this thing on snow yet to see what works and what will need a few adjustments, but we are not expecting very many issues with this project its coming together very well...

Would be absolutely fantastic and be able to buy a bolt on kitt :)

T
Aug 23, 2012
Nypro

Hey guys, This is Scott my dad and I are the ones helping chris with this project. Made some pretty good progress this week. I send chris a few pictures with the cell phone, But I will get some more clear pictures for all you guys this week sometime. Also we are hoping to offer a kit for those that were wondering. Thanks

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Hey guys, This is Scott my dad and I are the ones helping chris with this project. Made some pretty good progress this week. I send chris a few pictures with the cell phone, But I will get some more clear pictures for all you guys this week sometime. Also we are hoping to offer a kit for those that were wondering. Thanks

Looking forward to see the pics !

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Here ya go! Still a little touch up to do, and final adjustments but getting closer to getting her back in the garage to start working on the electrical and putting final pieces in their spot. I would like to put the VE full tunnel and bumper kit on so I am throwing that one in the air, pic is not my sled as I will have my graphic tunnel kit in behind the bracket so give me your thoughts on that! Enjoy :face-icon-small-win

chris pics 113.jpg chris pics 117.JPG chris pics 068.JPG chris pics 070.jpg chris pics 071.jpg chris pics 073.jpg chris pics 114.jpg chris pics 001.JPG

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Here ya go! Still a little touch up to do, and final adjustments but getting closer to getting her back in the garage to start working on the electrical and putting final pieces in their spot. I would like to put the VE full tunnel and bumper kit on so I am throwing that one in the air, pic is not my sled as I will have my graphic tunnel kit in behind the bracket so give me your thoughts on that! Enjoy :face-icon-small-win

Engine placement looks good. But likely the easiest part of the plan. What are you planning to do for a header? Turbo? All the wiring, oil tank, coolant lines. Etc. I am interested to hear your plans and see it come together.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Engine placement looks good. But likely the easiest part of the plan. What are you planning to do for a header? Turbo? All the wiring, oil tank, coolant lines. Etc. I am interested to hear your plans and see it come together.

I guess I'm not understanding what you mean that mounting motor is easiest part? That is always the trickiest and time consuming part. After the motor is finished electrical will involve a load resistor for headlight delete, but everything will be in same spot for plug and play. Again confused why header is an issue? It will remain stock until we update it with new pistons and mill head for higher compression. Steering will be modified to compliment motor, I am going completely stock/NA so no turbo. My project is a experiment to see how it compares to big bore two strokes and stock 800's. exhaust is straight tunnel dump, they will be 8" pieces welded to a flange, heat taped and dumped directly in front of track. Yes there will be enough back pressure and no it will not suck a valve, I figured that would come up. I love the input Turbo11, thanks for following I am also following your project as well its looking great!

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Also doing oil filter relocate, oil tank staying the same and coolant lines will be made to fit not a difficult thing to do..

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I guess I'm not understanding what you mean that mounting motor is easiest part? That is always the trickiest and time consuming part. After the motor is finished electrical will involve a load resistor for headlight delete, but everything will be in same spot for plug and play. Again confused why header is an issue? It will remain stock until we update it with new pistons and mill head for higher compression. Steering will be modified to compliment motor, I am going completely stock/NA so no turbo. My project is a experiment to see how it compares to big bore two strokes and stock 800's. exhaust is straight tunnel dump, they will be 8" pieces welded to a flange, heat taped and dumped directly in front of track. Yes there will be enough back pressure and no it will not suck a valve, I figured that would come up. I love the input Turbo11, thanks for following I am also following your project as well its looking great!

I would strongly urge against the type of exhaust your going to use? I do not think it will run clean without a proper header. As the cams are not designed for open dump still exhaust.

But I guess we will see. I don't think it will work well that way and I am fairly confident most engine builders would agree.

Premium Features