• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does anyone care?

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
I am more than happy the board gave Mr home depot the boot.
the guy had 0 interest in the sport or product. only thing he is good at is cutting every thing he can to boost stock numbers. huge mistake bringing him on board in the first place .
glad Claud is back in the big boy seat for at least the short run .

hoping AC has learned from there mistake

R

RiotCountry

Jul 11, 2010
Minneapolis
I am more than happy the board gave Mr home depot the boot.

the guy had 0 interest in the sport or product. only thing he is good at is cutting every thing he can to boost stock numbers. huge mistake bringing him on board in the first place .

glad Claud is back in the big boy seat for at least the short run .

hoping AC has learned from there mistake

It's actually Chris Twomey that took over, Claude would be the guy who "stepped" down (forcefully I'm sure but they won't say that).

I respectfully disagree though, he clearly did some good for the company. If not for him Arctic Cat might not be a brand you could even consider when making your purchase. He brought the company back to profitability which was a necessary evil regardless of whether or not he cares for the sport. You don't just take a stock price from $4 to $61 by making cuts there's more to it than that (strategic sourcing, lean mfg initiatives, marketing, etc.)

I always hear people complaining about the CEO when they have warranty problems or find a cheaply made part on their sled but I hate to break it to you the CEO's of Yamaha, Arctic Cat, Polaris and Ski Doo aren't concerned with those issues, they have bigger fish to fry so to speak. Their time is spent on making acquisitions, long term supply chain deals (hence the Yamaha joint venture) and glad handing the big investors. The petty repair and replace business is nothing the CEO controls nor is he/her the individual that's going to make any of those changes, they let the number crunchers determine what the best course of action is going to be. And if you think any of the other manufacturers aren't sourcing cheaply made parts (whether you see them or not) you are sadly mistaken. We live in a world where the bottom line is the top priority, plain and simple. The next guy they bring to the plate will do the same things but in his own way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Always a backstory, but it's not just punishment for what happened, it's a lack of confidence in his plans and execution in the future, unless something else is brewing. Twomey and Delmore are close and work well together, but it can't last, and the next transition, injecting two new key leaders into a unique culture is gonna be even harder than this last time. Smart stock owners should have taken any gains and then sit back and wait, unless they want to bet on a sale/takeover (an easy way out of a botched leadership transition, but out of character for Twomey). Products should stay strong for a year or two, at least, those schedules are pretty hard. One tough job for whoever parachutes in. Hope ACAT can stay independent. The industry needs them.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I agree, It will take someone special to jump in and make it work. Cat is a small company and I would like to see them survive and not be gobbled up buy some large company that might just turn them into nothing more then a name to use.
Of coarse Suzuki has has been a BIG part in what we all love about Arctic Cat, I hope they find the right person/people for the job!

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
It's actually Chris Twomey that took over, Claude would be the guy who "stepped" down (forcefully I'm sure but they won't say that).

I respectfully disagree though, he clearly did some good for the company. If not for him Arctic Cat might not be a brand you could even consider when making your purchase. He brought the company back to profitability which was a necessary evil regardless of whether or not he cares for the sport. You don't just take a stock price from $4 to $61 by making cuts there's more to it than that (strategic sourcing, lean mfg initiatives, marketing, etc.)

I always hear people complaining about the CEO when they have warranty problems or find a cheaply made part on their sled but I hate to break it to you the CEO's of Yamaha, Arctic Cat, Polaris and Ski Doo aren't concerned with those issues, they have bigger fish to fry so to speak. Their time is spent on making acquisitions, long term supply chain deals (hence the Yamaha joint venture) and glad handing the big investors. The petty repair and replace business is nothing the CEO controls nor is he/her the individual that's going to make any of those changes, they let the number crunchers determine what the best course of action is going to be. And if you think any of the other manufacturers aren't sourcing cheaply made parts (whether you see them or not) you are sadly mistaken. We live in a world where the bottom line is the top priority, plain and simple. The next guy they bring to the plate will do the same things but in his own way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol i knew that must have been some kind of dyslexic brain fart

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK

I would disagree, the CEO & Board sets the tone from the salesman to the product. If customer service is the number one priority they will have spies watching the dealers, forums and shows for negative feedback. They have chosen to make mergers, aquisitions and new product lines the priority over warranty and customer satisfaction. They are reading the reports the bean counters are sending up to them and deciding wether to let the consumer take it in the shorts or not. They have decided a calculated risk of upset consumers is acceptable to manage while maximizing a profit margin. The issue is we are willing to to accept that percentage as well. my $.02

Premium Features