• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Something monumental for XP Riders IMO - New Release

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I finally got the approval to release some information. Skinz has developed and tested a complete new front end for the XP. The XP has inherently been a difficult sled to throw around in the powder much like the FX Nytro. What they've done is incorporate the same logic into the XP and IT WORKS!!!
The spindle is moved 3” forward giving the machine the same type of characteristics they gave the Nytro. As a result, better handling, improved predictability, better cornering for the trail guys and the mountain set up allows the machine to be tipped up and side hilled with predictability. The Ski Doo has a tendency to always want to turn up on a side hill and this front end takes that away so you have much more control to keep the machine going on the side hill instead of always having to fight the machine from wanting to go uphill. In order to technically ride the Ski Doo in trees and steep terrain you found yourself having to position yourself as far forward as you possibly could. In fact, at times on certain terrain you almost felt like you had to put your outside leg over the side panel or hood. This front end removes a lot of that so you are able to just ride the machine with confidence and know it will go where you want it to go.

They included the shocks because the Short Track units require it. They couldn’t do it without the spherical ends and then for the last few years Ski Doo has been jumping around all over with the widths and geometry of their long track stuff. As far as the applications go, this was the cleanest way to go and Skinz saw the best performance from the Evol R Kashima Shock. It is possible for any other shock to be used as long as it has spherical ends and it is 17” long. Ski Doo used two different shock lengths which was also an issue. On the short track it’s one length and the long track it’s another. They only wanted to use one length as these shocks are big money and we didn’t want to have to stock two sizes. They've designed all of the front ends to use the 17”.

Stock shocks will NOT be used, the kit will come with new FOX Evol shocks. IF you want the kit WITHOUT shocks we can special order them for $925.

SPG-FoxAdHalfPage.jpg

SPGSkiDoo42Inch-KashimaEvolR.jpg

SPGSkiDoo38KashimaEvolR.jpg

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:
L
May 15, 2009
Are you going to have pricing in the very near future?
Looking at purchasing the 36" front end kit from Ski Doo this month
as the dealer has a special pricing on the kit prior to the end of the month.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
What ski width will it come with?

They will be available in 36" and 42" widths. Each kit comes with Evol R shocks, upper/lower a-arms and steering rods.

Put me on your list to call I'll try them...

I should know more in a week or so and will let you know.

Are you going to have pricing in the very near future?
Looking at purchasing the 36" front end kit from Ski Doo this month
as the dealer has a special pricing on the kit prior to the end of the month.

See above.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Almost had me excited

Skinz needs to make a front clip that replaces the s module and e module. Now that would sell like hotcakes. Stronger/lighter and fix the handling with stock suspension parts. Wait now im dreaming. :)

L
May 15, 2009
Kit looks good.
Looking at Skinz's website, if the price for the Ski Doo XP kit is like the
price on the Nitro kit you're looking at $1950.00 for the arms, evol shocks, and maybe spindles. I realize that you are getting alot for that price, but, if that price is close, well I think the Ski Doo XP factory kit will work fine for me, as I don't have that kind of $s to spend.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Kit looks good.
price on the Nitro kit you're looking at $1950.00 for the arms, evol shocks, and maybe spindles. I realize that you are getting alot for that price, but, if that price is close, well I think the Ski Doo XP factory kit will work fine for me, as I don't have that kind of $s to spend.

The factory kit will do nothing to correct any issues with the XP in the powder. I have a buddy that has a Summit Hillclimb Edition that put the 36" kit on and it feels NO different to me then when it had the stock wide front end on it.

It's like comparing an Apple to an Orange, both fruit but very different.

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
What's wrong with the xp? What are you trying to fix? If you make it ride like a cat or poo then I think I'll keep it the way it is. Not hacking just trying to understand what peeps think is wrong with it.

V
Jan 3, 2008
Eastern Wshington
The factory kit will do nothing to correct any issues with the XP in the powder.

A question and a comment...

First the question. What "issues in the powder" are you talking about? Are you talking about the infamous "inability to sidehill"? Please elaborate.

Now the comment. I've put 6-700 miles on my 2010 with narrow front end kit. The difference was / is VERY noticeable.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
This is awesome. They can't even keep up with the demand on their core products so they design more stuff they won't make enough of. Someone at Skinz needs to get a clue about just running a business...

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
What's wrong with the xp? What are you trying to fix? If you make it ride like a cat or poo then I think I'll keep it the way it is. Not hacking just trying to understand what peeps think is wrong with it.

Many including myself and magazines have commented on how the XP doesn't like to roll over on it's side for side hilling or carving. This will fix that problem.

A question and a comment...

First the question. What "issues in the powder" are you talking about? Are you talking about the infamous "inability to sidehill"? Please elaborate.

Now the comment. I've put 6-700 miles on my 2010 with narrow front end kit. The difference was / is VERY noticeable.

See my comment above. Like I said, this has been MY experience and obviously Skinz saw the need so it was built. I've ridden a few different XP's none of which I could through over on it's side. I've been riding sleds since I was 11 years old and consider myself a capable rider. I'm not saying it can't be done just saying it will make it easier for those who have trouble. Nothing personal against the XP at all.

This is awesome. They can't even keep up with the demand on their core products so they design more stuff they won't make enough of. Someone at Skinz needs to get a clue about just running a business...

Sounds like you should run Skinz??

L
May 15, 2009
Kit looks good.

The factory kit will do nothing to correct any issues with the XP in the powder. I have a buddy that has a Summit Hillclimb Edition that put the 36" kit on and it feels NO different to me then when it had the stock wide front end on it.

It's like comparing an Apple to an Orange, both fruit but very different.

First let me say that I will most likely be flamed for this, but here goes.

I don't believe that I said anywhere in my comments that the Skinz kit was a bad kit. I just stated what I had found on their website regarding pricing on other similar front end kits with what you said the kit contained. Would be nice if everyone that came on here and posted/talked about new items would also have the pricing listed. IF the price for the Skinz kit is like their similar front end kits, $1950 vs the $600 for the Ski Doo kit is alot of difference to me.

As for comparing the Skinz kit and the Ski Doo kit, sure they are different, but again, nowhere did I just say they were the same. Would be nice IF someone had been able to ride both kits back to back for comparison and post their finding for all of us to see. That way we would have an apple to apple comparison vs a keyboard comparison which we all have.

Again, I'm not trying to start a conflict with you or anyone else, but felt I needed to explain my thoughts after your post.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
First let me say that I will most likely be flamed for this, but here goes.

I don't believe that I said anywhere in my comments that the Skinz kit was a bad kit. I just stated what I had found on their website regarding pricing on other similar front end kits with what you said the kit contained. Would be nice if everyone that came on here and posted/talked about new items would also have the pricing listed. IF the price for the Skinz kit is like their similar front end kits, $1950 vs the $600 for the Ski Doo kit is alot of difference to me.

As for comparing the Skinz kit and the Ski Doo kit, sure they are different, but again, nowhere did I just say they were the same. Would be nice IF someone had been able to ride both kits back to back for comparison and post their finding for all of us to see. That way we would have an apple to apple comparison vs a keyboard comparison which we all have.

Again, I'm not trying to start a conflict with you or anyone else, but felt I needed to explain my thoughts after your post.

No worries on my end. I figured people would like to see the new kit as soon as possible, pricing is a week out. I'm not going disagree with your logic, but will add that the kit isn't just narrowing but pushing the spindles forward. Thats why I said they didn't compare. Its an option but not for everyone.

Premium Features