• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Someone PLEASE help me!!!

M

mezz250x

Feb 1, 2008
Dassel, MN
I did switch flywheels today, no change. I havent tried to start it for a while i've just had the plugs laying on the motor so i can watch the spark after each item i replace. I watched it more closely today now i can see that it dont even seem to spark everytime it should. The only plug thats plugged in is the one from the stator to the coil(not the single black wire though), everything else is unplugged to eliminate the possibility of a bad wire somewhere. I have no idea what to do next. I even kicked it and swore at it, that didnt even help.

M

mezz250x

Feb 1, 2008
Dassel, MN
I tried setting the gap to .022 but that didn't change anything. Is it possible that this motor just dont have the spark that im used to seeing on newer sleds? And that it dont have the compression to start good? PTO side is around 100 and MAG side is around 110. This is really the first "older" sled that ive had ignition problems with, everything else ive looked at spark at is either one of my quads or a cat that has efi. HELP!?

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Even the old point type ignitions have good spark so a CDI ignition certainly should if everything is performing right. Maybe you can get another opinion from someone who lives close to you though. Here is a wiring diagram for your sled. Good luck.

G
Jan 5, 2011
Rochester MN
I could be wrong but I think the spark is ok and it is all in the fuel pump and carbs. In your first post you sail it will idle but will not move without the choke on full. I would check for a weak fuel pump and then clean the carbs. Both of these will also make it hard to start.

T
Sep 10, 2009
meridian ID
That is pretty weak compression. It seems that you have gone through most of the rest of the sled and the symptoms you describe fit low compression exactly. I would say its time for a top end:face-icon-small-win

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
10 lbs difference between the two cylinders is too much. I also think 110 psi is pretty low. Id be willing to bet that AT LEAST the 100 psi cylinder is bad thats what it wornt start. There is no way if you replaced all that stuff that your spark is still the same unless you have bare wires rubbing somewhere under the engine or some where on the harness.

Premium Features