• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

forum log in/refreshing issues

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Anyone else with Explorer 8 having problems such as having to log in more than once or not getting pages to refresh after new posts are made?

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Maybe brought on by an update to the program or forum, because until a few months ago I had NO problems, ever. And as you know I tried all the cookies instructions. Maybe a McAfee Deal???

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
IE 7 here. Same issue, no Mac afee. This is at work.

IE 7 at home, this does not happen. No problems

This is the only site (forum) out of the 6 that I visit that this happens to me on and just started about a week ago.

If it was an explorer issue, why would IE 7 bounce me out at work after each visit but not at home with the same IE 7???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Its not an explorer issue.
Your problem proves that.
its a COOKIE issue.

One system has a bad cookie on it, and the other system has a good functioning cookie on it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yes.
I am pretty much certain that is exactly what we are dealing with here.
Clean out the cookie and let the forum set a new one and I am betting the problem will vanish.

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
my work laptop went down today

but two days ago i started having problems .snowest is the only problem site after getting it back up and im on like ten forums. lol and i cant get rid of the f'n page on the upper right and hes pizzn me off

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Sorry bout that.
Nothing I can do about the advertising department and their little corner window they installed.

I just forward the complaints about it to them for review.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I think I figured it out my little snowest nightmare...by dumb luck:face-icon-small-con

windows 7, i-explorer

Tools/Internet Options/general tab/browsing history/settings/check for newer versions of stored webpages/select "every time I visit the webpage"

And it works...I messed with the privacy setting later and it still works when I returned them to the mid level settings.

No more multiple log ons or refreshing issues:D

Hope this helps somebody else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Premium Features