• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Deleted threads..

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I was wondering if there could be a spot that deleted or removed posts would go. Not asking to show the whole thing, but the title, and maybe a little bit about why, or who go it deleted...

Just seems threads disappear, with the specific reason not being known, and then it just happens again, and again...

I don't know, what do you guys think?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
what happened to this??

That is a GREAT little mod.

If a Moderator or Admin TOUCHES your post, then a PM is automatically generated and sent to you letting you know WHAT was done and WHY it was done.

Even if we just go in to edit your spelling mistake or to reformat your post without changing ANY of the content.

guess this is the new Snowest :(

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Another Lie from out new admin
If you bothered to take the time to actually READ THE LIST you would know that is one of the modifications that is COMING and has not yet been installed.

But rather than reading and knowing, you choose to just fire off your mouth and make a fool of yourself in the process.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
If you bothered to take the time to actually READ THE LIST you would know that is one of the modifications that is COMING and has not yet been installed.

But rather than reading and knowing, you choose to just fire off your mouth and make a fool of yourself in the process.

I edited my words within a minute or two because the words were strong but I still am upset with the heavy handed moderation with no explanations.

I ain't nobodies fool ;)

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Deleted posts are visible to mods and higher. They stay right where they were created (and deleted), you just can't see them.

It should be pretty obvious why some get dumped.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I just want to hear the explanations.....those would at least be worth the deletion :)

something like

"post removed due to content deemed more vial than 2 girls 1 cup"

"scantily clad girls on sleds do not make it sled related"

:beer;

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Deleted posts are visible to mods and higher. They stay right where they were created (and deleted), you just can't see them.

I just want to hear the explanations.....those would at least be worth the deletion :)

something like

"post removed due to content deemed more vial than 2 girls 1 cup"

"scantily clad girls on sleds do not make it sled related"

:beer;

Mule is correct, All deleted posts are visible to the Moderators and administrators and we have an option to fill out exactly why we feel it was worthy of corrective action.

Even tho it may not be visible to the general forum members, we are accountable among ourselves for everything we chose to edit, delete, move, or otherwise get involved in.

If everything we deleted was still visible to the general members, things would get a bit too cluttered:eek::beer;:)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I edited my words within a minute or two because the words were strong but I still am upset with the heavy handed moderation with no explanations.

I ain't nobodies fool ;)
True enough, I see you did EDIT YOUR COMMENTS just as I was posting.

Call me a LIAR, and your most certainly sure to gain my undivided attention.

As for the mod.
Please allow me time to continue down the list of all the modifications that are going to be installed.

Right now, pretty much everything is on hold till we figure out why the forums have become SO SLOW in the last week or so. Once that is resolved, we will get back to installing the new features again.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002

True, though sometimes I don't realize that a thread I am looking for got dumped and is no longer there, till I search for it for a half an hour...

Normally I come to that conclusion, right after I start doubting my memory as to if there was even a thread in the first place.. :eek:

Would a section similar to trash for deleted posts work? Just the thread titles is all that really interests me..

B
Dec 5, 1980
Thats a COMPLIMENT!:D

You sure???
uhoh.gif

I'm not so sure about that. I mean, it *should* be a compliment, but I'm not sure it was intended as such. :D

Premium Features