• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

current temps and snow conditions?

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
16 degrees up here right now (west of Rob Roy) - hopefully the snow will start falling soon. There is some powder still to be found in the meadows, but it would be nice if more fell. There is enough to play and do some powder turns - great base underneath. It seems like March conditions after the warm temps this week, looks like that will change for next week hopefully.....

tk

D
Dec 30, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
Ollie,
thanks for the response. I'm familiar with the snotel sites. Just more curious about what the warm temps have done and if the warm temps have turned the powder to crappy riding conditions. Leaving at 5:00am tomorrow...can't wait. We'll be in Albany around 3:00 local time. Let it snow...!!

rtsled

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2009
just got back, high temps and everything has set up. Don't look for any powder riding unless they get lots of snow. Are group was suppost to be out there for 5 days we left after 2.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Here are a couple of pictures from late Saturday afternoon. We shoveled the deck at the cabin, so hopefully that is the equivalent of washing a car. A foot or two of fresh snow this week would be great.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

rdIMG_3102.JPG rdIMG_3104.JPG rdIMG_3124.JPG rdIMG_3136.JPG

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
Just came down from Greenrock--so far about 10" new this morn and snowing hard. Visibility was maybe 50 yards. More coming middle and end of the week.

C

CumminsMan

Nov 26, 2007
Stillwater Mn
Just came down from Greenrock--so far about 10" new this morn and snowing hard. Visibility was maybe 50 yards. More coming middle and end of the week.

Yes Yes Yes sweet news. I am heading there tomorrow with 6 other guys from Minnesota for my one and only trip out west this year. New baby boy at home has forced me to cut it back to only one trip instead of the usual 3 or 4. I cant wait to ride!:D

Premium Features