• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bar heights???

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I wish they would tell u the differences. Is the mid the height that was standard on the pro the last few years?

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
That's what I was wondering too? It says low = 5", mid = 6", and tall = 7". I run the stock pro tapers on my 13 pro with a 1" riser block. It would be nice to get talls and then not have to use riser block.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
also keep in mind they moved the running boards up too, so thats gonna require taller bars to achieve the same bar height as before. I wish they would give measurements from the boards to the bars. Eric

W

Wood

Dec 7, 2007
I get the various height options...but why narrower? This eludes me as to why there would be ANY benefit, in fact, I would think it would offer somewhat less control/leverage. Enlighten me.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I get the various height options...but why narrower? This eludes me as to why there would be ANY benefit, in fact, I would think it would offer somewhat less control/leverage. Enlighten me.

Way more control in a sidehill with narrower bars.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002

Narrower turns out to be much better. I took an inch off both sides of my stock 14 bars. My primary goal was to bring my hand position closer to my shoulder width to reduce shoulder fatigue. The increase control was an added bonus. Eric

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

Because the wide bars suck! Been a big complaint on the pro for years, narrower just feels better.

Premium Features