• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Advice Needed

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
...A nytro owner requires some sacrifice and some love. You sacrifice the weight, you sacrifice some power. You have to love the motor and the chassis though... If you don't, then the sled isn't for you.

I have a Nytro, and I don't and wouldn't want anything else. It needs help, but it is the closest thing out there FOR ME as the perfect sled...

Wow.

Never thought somebody could take the words right out of my mouth...:eek:

N

northseattle

Jan 4, 2009
Thanks again for all of the advice. And I'll definitely take you up on your offer to ride, Modsledr.

Good point on local dealers. I made that a mistake with the Nytro and Phazer I bought...saved a couple of bucks purchasing from a Yamaha dealer that really didn't know anything about sleds. Regret it now.

My other place is up in Cle Elum...and I keep the sleds up there...so it would either be Sportland in Cle Elum or I90 in Issaquah. Do you guys have recommendations about either of those places or are there other local dealers I should be talking to?

One more question - if I do end up replacing the front end and skid, where should I go to have that done? Fastrax?

Last edited:
S

Swelly

Where did you find a heavier center spring???? My suspension guy said it was the stiffest thing he has ever seen in a sled...

Like most people said, you should sell it. Seriously, I have a Nytro too.. A nytro owner requires some sacrifice and some love. You sacrifice the weight, you sacrifice some power. You have to love the motor and the chassis though... If you don't, then the sled isn't for you.

I have a Nytro, and I don't and wouldn't want anything else. It needs help, but it is the closest thing out there FOR ME as the perfect sled. Though really, that just means it is less of a POS then the rest of them.. lol

My dealer here in Anchor Town, Or get with Bruce at Pioneer Performance. The guy is a Yamaha Suspensoin, shock and spring guru. It is usually him who answers the phone. A lot of times his prices on shocks and springs is less than the dealers. I do not think his website was up to date last time I looked, check it out or give him a call. I had him set up the rear ohlins for my 05 vector when I ordered them from him. Cost a little extra, but 3000 miles of ungroomed trails later, they are still fantastic.

http://pioneerperformance.net/

Yami's are the highest quality sleds out there. Keep it, spend a little mula and you will be happy.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Setup properly, these sleds can be very flickable and easy to ride and much more reliable than others, not to mention much cheaper to operate than any other brand. What i found to be the biggest advantage other than the turbo to these sled to making it ride and handle better was the relocation of the steering post and also riser. With a rider forward kit or even a simple pivot block and riser this sled handles completely different than a stocker and is a must for stand up riders. These sleds are truly night and day with a good suspension under them. Why yamaha sends a sled out with such a crap suspension in the rear for so many years is beyond me, finally this year they look to have a winner but time will tell.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
If you do keep it, I would take it to Curt at Fastrax (this is not intended as any disrespect to the others posted)...I know what I'm getting from Curt, he offer unparalleled customer service, and stands behind his product and work.

http://www.ftxmotorsports.com/

I don't know about Sportland, never dealt with them...but others on here have (post the question in the WA section).

I-90 has a service manager who rides a lot (Remco)...just be warned, his people skills are a little rough. :D

N

northseattle

Jan 4, 2009
Thanks Mod (and everyone else),

I think I'm going to call Curt on Monday. Sounds like the real budget number is closer to $3k - $4k to do the skid, track and front end. Which, if it improves the sled's handling as much as people say, would be worth it.

Thanks again for everyone's help. And Mod, I'm going to definitely pm you about riding this winter!

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
boy that aint no sh$T

One more thing I would add...if you are going to switch brands, I would make my choice based on who the dealer is. All of the brands have a good product, that can be made to fit your riding style.

Make sure your dealer rides sleds, and has at least one service person who rides sleds. Support and set up are everything.

You can sure buy a sled in the pugetsound from the wrong place I am in south king co and am amazed at the dealers that dont ride and dont know product:eek:

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
what he said

If you do keep it, I would take it to Curt at Fastrax (this is not intended as any disrespect to the others posted)...I know what I'm getting from Curt, he offer unparalleled customer service, and stands behind his product and work.

http://www.ftxmotorsports.com/

I don't know about Sportland, never dealt with them...but others on here have (post the question in the WA section).

I-90 has a service manager who rides a lot (Remco)...just be warned, his people skills are a little rough. :D

MY nytro is there for upgrades Good guys who know there stuff

Premium Features