• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Models

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
It's funny how everyone is raving about the sidekick with no tuning.

That's what HM Turbos did with the ViPec on the Pro RMK chassis.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
As we get closer, I still predict no 3" on the Quick Drive.
They might cave in on the 174", so why not make it a 3".
BNGs and some refinements.

Thinking the same thing.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I think Poo see's the market for factory turbo sleds is too small to make it worth their while. Sleds already have enough problems without having to mess with a turbo. Sorry I forgot all turbo sleds are pull and go, never need any adjustments or tuning;)

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Don't see them doing much for '17, BNG's, colour options etc. I think they're waiting to see what Doo does, and for '18 if needed will have a reply without having to go completely nuts.
All that's needed would be a slightly more aggressive exhaust setup. Clearly there's HP left on the table when almost everyone who tries to make a pipe is seeing 8-10HP gains, between that and dropping anywhere between 5-10lbs on the can as well…. Wouldn't be toooo difficult for them to add 5HP and lose 7Lbs. Think we'd all be for that ?

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Since we are dreaming...

Electric A/C motor driven sled utilizing the same motor Tesla is using. No more clutches, motor sits where jackshaft is. Hood now encompasses batteries. Instant throttle response. Nobody complaining about noise.
300 pounds all in. ;) (seriously, this is what i'm waiting for...)

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
It's funny how everyone is raving about the sidekick with no tuning.

That's what HM Turbos did with the ViPec on the Pro RMK chassis.

Its funny that they advertise that they dont need any tuning, but all the boondocker "athletes" are raving about their vohk tuned sidekick's. Means they still need to be optimized to the sled and rider.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Its funny that they advertise that they dont need any tuning, but all the boondocker "athletes" are raving about their vohk tuned sidekick's. Means they still need to be optimized to the sled and rider.

Or meaning they are sponsored by Vohk...

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN

LOL, The "Sidekick" needs no tuning......The rest of the sled needs it for the sidekick.

I wonder what it would cost to buy one of these Vohk RMK's? Because they sure seem to run incredible.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Since we are dreaming...

Electric A/C motor driven sled utilizing the same motor Tesla is using. No more clutches, motor sits where jackshaft is. Hood now encompasses batteries. Instant throttle response. Nobody complaining about noise.
300 pounds all in. ;) (seriously, this is what i'm waiting for...)

and you can run it for 20min between charges :)

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
and you can run it for 20min between charges :)

Currently, yeah, battery life would be an issue. But I still say its a future that'd be good for everyone in 10-15 years. (not just for environmental reasons but for performance...)

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
the sidekick definitely needs tuning. I'm not sure what you guys are defining tuning as but if you don't ride at the same elevation all the time it is going to need to be tuned for specific elevations. Clutching, fueling, ect.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
When I said no tuning, I was not referring to clutching.

I was referring to the end-user being locked out of the electronic tuning.
Completely self-compensating.

C
Jan 13, 2009
Coalville, Ut
Isn't Competition great!

Polaris raised the bar in 2016 considerably and now look at what Ski-Doo and others are doing in 2017! If rumors are true then the bar will be raised a bunch by Ski-Doo in 2017. Again competition is great!

Premium Features