• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil Injection Delete

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I found a holdover 2011 M8 that I'm thinkin about snatchin up. I've always loved those sleds. I was wondering why I hear so much about the oil injection delete? Did they have problems with the oil pump failing? Is it just for peace of mind? I've read through some of the threads and can't seem to find an answer to my question. Thanks!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
no failing issues that was the catalyst...from what i gathered alot of them were just oil slobbering monsters even in the bottom end and some people just wanted them cleaned up a bit and a constant mix..

so from what i gather is that the consumption was not an issue with being to little and comprimising your engine...it was to much and comprimising some performance in the lower range...but if yours is relatively clean and your ok with it then you may not even want to consider an oil delete..

obviously thousands and thousands of people are ok with it...i deleted for the weight savings/cleaniness/ and more working room..

Jul 22, 2009
I deleted mine on my 11m8 sp and would do it again without a doubt. M8magic hit the nail nail on the head. Peace of mind, no leaking oil, cleans up bottom ends, saves 8lbs for $30.

JFro50

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2009
Hamburg, MN
All the Ms I ride with the oil pump sticks causing the over oiling. That's why I deleted mine and would do it again in a heartbeat

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Like above...

Weight loss #1, better bottom end, no more loading up at idle, and being less than ready to go when you push the go button, and consistent mix through the power band, whether stock or boosted.

Over all... one less thing to fail (I lost two oilers in 07 & never looked back after that) and a super simple setup.

Premium Features