• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Arctic Cats lacking many details.

N
Mar 16, 2009
Just came back from the NH sled mfg show and have decided not to buy a 2012 mtn sled! I was very disappointed at the function and finish of the new bodywork. There is no dash board covering around the guage pod or steering post, no under seat storage, no snow entry protection on the hood slots, no trail side access to the center hood panel area and no protector for the front bodywork which hangs below the bumper. The dash area and hood slots will fill with snow and debris with no easy way to clean them out and the front end has no apparent capability to plane back up out of the snow when encountering deep downhill snow drifts. The chassis and suspension look very well designed, the standing/steering position feels awesome and the overall mechanical capabilities look like a major leap forward, however I can't buy such a poorly designed, ugly and unfinished wrapper on the outside!

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i hear ya.i wanted to snowcheck a skidoo yellow cat this year.they need more colors.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Just came back from the NH sled mfg show and have decided not to buy a 2012 mtn sled! I was very disappointed at the function and finish of the new bodywork. There is no dash board covering around the guage pod or steering post, no under seat storage, no snow entry protection on the hood slots, no trail side access to the center hood panel area and no protector for the front bodywork which hangs below the bumper. The dash area and hood slots will fill with snow and debris with no easy way to clean them out and the front end has no apparent capability to plane back up out of the snow when encountering deep downhill snow drifts. The chassis and suspension look very well designed, the standing/steering position feels awesome and the overall mechanical capabilities look like a major leap forward, however I can't buy such a poorly designed, ugly and unfinished wrapper on the outside!

Take a deep breath,it will be ok.

Keep in mind these are hand built protypes and not the finished product. Minor things WILL be tweeked between now and when it hits the line.

At the show I went to, I noticed the same thing on the dash. there is a goggle warmer bag that goes there and fills it in better. it is shown in some of the pics that have been posted on here. I have one but not sure if I can post it from my phone. I am not sure I the goggle bag on the dash comes stock or is an over priced AC accessory...Probably the latter.

Not sure how you can tell about how the sled will plane out...maybe ur right???

I do agree that the hood hangs very low with no protection from a rouge branch or stump. Some of the AC aftermarket bumpers will protect it but that is dumb...oh well, that's why I have a $100 deductible and the I can maybe get the hcr hood which I think looks better anyway :)

from what i saw and what the rep told me the hood comes off quickly with 4 screws. not ideal but I can deal.

just my thoughts in response to ur thoughts...

peace

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
all 3 body panels go on and off very easy, even trail side

and it has no problems staying on top of the snow, none

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
i got all my photos off here.....

snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262067

for what it is worth, I saw ten in person at a show and hought that try looked good. nice fit and finish. jmo

enjoy.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
have any more photos? Im on the verge of snowchecking a 2012 but reading posts like this make me second guess. And I have no way of seeing one in person....

Yea, your right,,,, because of the posts in this thread, I am calling my dealer and cancelling my Snow-check on the t100 50th...

you got a good point.......

F
Feb 6, 2010
you are absolutely right. Just quit whining about it on the cat site and go buy a Polaris or Ski Doo. Enjoy their products but quit nitpicking cats
new machine. From the input from people who have ridden them they will
perform very well. Have a great day.

H
Dec 12, 2009
From the input from people who have ridden them they will
perform very well. Have a great day.

I bet it's difficult to get good feedback when you hand-pick every single person that will have the opportunity to ride the new machine. For what its worth most of the people who got to ride them were cat dealers or close supporters of the product, not exactly the most objective group of testers.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I take exception to that statement..........

I think only one of us would have bought a Cat without the demo. ride. I asked a few of my friends to come. One or two ride Cats. Very open minded group. At least one guy who liked the Cat and said so here, had just bought a new XP and was not in the market for a new anything. And another Doo rider that ordered a new Cat. Another who was going to buy a Poo. He changed his mind. They told readers here all about their ride. Show respect for their input. Yes, you're hearing more from us that thru money down. We're excited. I'm sorry you weren't here. We only had one sled T 1,100 and about eight who wanted to try it. It was NOT sponsored by Cat.

Owen

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I bet it's difficult to get good feedback when you hand-pick every single person that will have the opportunity to ride the new machine. For what its worth most of the people who got to ride them were cat dealers or close supporters of the product, not exactly the most objective group of testers.

Yes, as a matter of fact I was hand picked to Demo ride them:first:

Sorry I just couldn't resit, it was to good of a lead in:becky:

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
all 3 body panels go on and off very easy, even trail side

and it has no problems staying on top of the snow, none

I saw some of the vidios from MN. I had a scorpion that would stay on top of snow like that.
I saw the 2012 HCR in the hilclimb. Snow was hard as the street.
Until I see it with the M in the mountains, I'll stick with the 2011.

If you want to spill it, show it.

tree-magnet

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
W. Washington
Snowcheck ends april 15th

I hate to speculate about what they are going to add or not add to the final product. We need to snowcheck by april 15th to get any of the benny's. There really hasn't been any good video's of the 1100t. I for one would love to snowcheck one, but for 14,000.00 I have to see the completed package & some good reviews on them. Or extend the snowcheck time line until they are ready to give us the final product..

beturbo

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Ya! Ordered a 1100t 50th cost was 12699. Bitch bitch bitch you guys should all check to see if you have any BA**s. You sound like some old hens! Go buy a xp or a rmk, I had a pro this last year and right back to cat. Can not wait till it shows up going to be one long summer.

Premium Features