• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

please educate me on charge temps.

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
Can you folks please educate me on charge temps for turbos. What temp range should they be in. Why are they important. And what happens if they are to hot. This is for a bd pg turbo.

thanks
tim

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
The lower the temp the more HP you are going to build, the longer parts are going to last(reeds, boots, pistons etc.) and octane needed is less.

Theres more to it than that but thats about all I know, and you probably already knew all of that.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
Not a very scientific explaination but the cooler the air the more dense it becomes (more oxygen to burn). So you will have "more air" (= more oxygen)within the same size area when it's cool than you will get through the same size area (induction system) when it's warm air. Cold air will allow you to give it more fuel and make more hp. A cubic ft of cold air has more oxygen then a cubic ft of hot air.

Not sure what charge air temps guys are seeing with the BD kits but the cooler the better.

Premium Features