• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

93 Yamaha Exciter STT Budget Mountain Build

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Posted this in the sled build section as well, but I figured this forum could use a little more action too.

Well, the economy has been tough, but I didn't want to give up snowmobiling even though I don't get the opportunity to do it often. And since I have sledding on the brain I though I would share this build I did last year with all of you. Sorry the pics are not necessarily in order.

If nothing else, owning a Polaris 800 taught me that a 20 year old Yamaha is more dependable. :face-icon-small-ton So, I decided to start there. I knew from a prior restoration that I could easily turn this into a stand up machine. Recent trends of narrowing the front end didn't have to be done since this started at a 37" ski stance.

A few updates to modernize it like skis track and risers. I'm not a big mountain climber so all I needed was a back country sled that can handle some deep powder and is fun in the trees.

I'm still looking for a set of struts off of a Vmax XT if anyone knows of some. :face-icon-small-win

So go ahead and bash away at my work. And tell me what a terrible sled I have since it isn't new and I don't have a turbo on it.

http://s136.photobucket.com/user/obimonte/library/Facebook/1993 Yamaha EX570STT

Last edited:

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
OK you have a terrible sled. It is old and does not have a turbo. Of course you can say the same thing about me since my sleds are old, and does not have a turbo either. I do have struts off from a 95 Yamaha VMax 600.

Premium Features