• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 efi crank problems, PLEASE HELP

arcticcatwill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, id
I blew a belt last year, pretty bad, it punched a hole in my belly pan and bowed my clutch cover up. I was goin 70-80mph. Since then ive gone through 2 sets of pistons before I figured out it was the crank. The pto was out .013 on the dial indicator, on our lathe between 2 points on the pto bearing rase it is out .010 and on the off set part for the rod its out .013 the rest is consistant. Would this cause the topend failure.

The last time it died it had a four point seizure, almost like a cold seiz, water temp was consistantly 140-160. So it was more than warm and it was 2.5 miles in.

Im also running a fuel presure regulater, at 49 psi for breakin. Plugs were a darker brown. Probably 100+ miles since the belt went.

Cranky joe? Does anyone have a the # for spokane.

Thanks, Will

GetAttachment[3].jpg Get.jpg GetA.jpg GetAt.jpg GetAtt.jpg GetAtta.jpg GetAttac.jpg

Last edited:

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
It is entirely possible for the crank wobble to be causing the burned pistons. That much runout could cause the seal to leak, leaning you down

Premium Features