• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slp high flow air horn intake kit?

A
Jun 8, 2008
I have a 06 600 H.O RMK and I'm thinking about getting the air horn kit. Can anybody tell me the pros and cons or about your experience with this kit? Thanks in advance.

B
Nov 28, 2007
Laramie, wy
I have just purchased this for my D8. The dealer told me for an add on under 50$ its a must. The dealer told me that they necked down the original airbox outlet so that it would reduce noise. Not sure how much the extra airflow makes in sound, however he did say that it breathes alot better in deep powder. It may have been a good salesman but for 40$ i couldnt argue

D
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, WA
You may be exactly right, but my buddy at the local polaris dealership here in Yakima, advised me away from waisting my money on the intake because it wasn't that much bigger than stock. Who thinks this is more of a "cool" thing than a "must have" mod. ?

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
I think if you are adding a pipe or porting you are letting it breathe easier on one end so it only makes sense to let it suck air in easier so definitly worth in then. But for just a stock sled it may not be necessary, but for only $40 it won't hurt anything for sure, might help slightly, and you'll be ready when you add a pipe or other mods. just my .02

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
I'm buying one for my 08 D-7,already got the dash vent from 2cool air vents.Figuring with it and 2 coolvent it can only help airflow on over the head deep pow days:D:D.
Also have one for the wife's RMK-6,still have the SLP air horn from my old 02 RMK that never got installed(fits an 07 carbed 600 RMK)and a 2.5" SLP round Florite for the dash.

Snowman 2001

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Othello, WA
The air horn improved throttle response on my D7 last year. So it must do something for airflow. Intake noise was more noticible, but not much.

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
This mod will also assist when re-installing the air box. You will be able to reach through to line up carbs with air box boots.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
This mod will also assist when re-installing the air box. You will be able to reach through to line up carbs with air box boots.

On the Edge yes, IQ no since you do not want to remove the internal air horn on the IQ.

Premium Features