• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Putting Reverse In A 06 Dd

C
Nov 26, 2007
All this talk about convering the revere units to none reverse has got me wondering. My wife has a 06 crossfire with the act drive. I would love to convert it to reverse. Has anyone gone down this road?

W
Nov 26, 2007
St. Cloud, MN
It would take alot of work & money IMO

You woudl need a Reverse DD
The servo motor to run it
new track or modify the old one
new secondary clutch
you woudl have to fab up teh foot well to make room for teh servo motor or find another place for it
I'm sure there is more but that what I can think of off teh top of my head

F
Dec 5, 2001
back country
I'm not gonna do it, don't have the time and money for that project, but...I want someone to do it. I think you could skip the servo motor and wiring...just use a cable to actuate...the rest would apply.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
DOOOOOOOOOOO-it

Looked at the same situation, putting the 07 gearcase in is a little AL trimming, child's play after building sleds. And.........if I had one sitting on the bench, just got to figure a manual shift, forget the ELECTRICAL, unnecessary.

So.........who's looking one over?, all mine are in a sled and being thrashed.
Guess I'll go check the swap meet.

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
The 2008 T500 and T570 twin-spar touring sleds have mechanical actuated reverse Diamond drive systems.

21.gif

38.gif

C
Nov 26, 2007
:D HI GUYS I have found a complete diamond drive with reverse for a M8 on the net. Does anyone know if the gear ratios are close to my crossfire 6?

C
Nov 26, 2007
ok I have found the ratio on the m8 is 60 /60. my sled is a 57/63. I think this will give me a lower ratio if I understand corectly this will give me 10% more torque and 10% less top end correct??

Premium Features