• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What skis would you buy for your REV?

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Please help me understand. Mods was a BC based company at one point. A US company bought rights and brought them back? I'm not claiming anything, only a question.

Metal tops with plastic bottoms. The one's I saw had identical plastic bottoms to the Ekholm II's of yesteryear. Can't tell you which version I saw but the guy had em on an XP.

I swear these are the skis I saw on his XP. And they look amazingly similar to the ones I had on my '97. Amazingly similar. So does the logo that they still use. The turndown looks to be more aggressive than before, and vs. the Ekholm II's. But who am I to say? Reading the "About Us" re-affirms that this is infact the same ski I've seen since the late 90's. Or at least the latest variation of it.

http://www.modsskis.com/images/picturepage.htm

http://www.modsskis.com/aboutmods.htm

Correct. And, FWIW, I've tried all the skis listed extensively except for gen III Simmons and Slydogs and Mods far FAR outperforms them all on a REV for mtn riding because of their ease of countersteer initiation and ability to hold a sidehill without losing any directional stability (the beauty of a tri-keel design). Powder Pros with Carl's cutout comes in a distant second.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:
S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Correct. And, FWIW, I've tried all the skis listed extensively except for gen III Simmons and Slydogs and Mods far FAR outperforms them all on a REV for mtn riding because of their ease of countersteer initiation and ability to hold a sidehill without losing any directional stability (the beauty of a tri-keel design). Powder Pros with Carl's cutout comes in a distant second.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Hey G please clarify....which ski far outperforms them all? If I'm reading this correctly, the Mods do?

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
And you'll get yourself $10! :face-icon-small-coo

LOL, no, I've known Lance for a while and Rene St. Onge before that (the BC owner) so I get the friends and family discount on my new skis. I've been a long-time supporter because they just flat out work! In fact Mods skis and my track mod (http://www.snowest.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2732998) are the two biggest things that improved my riding skills.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:
W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
G Man is more than adequate.

Thanks,

G

Gonna Order my MODS as soon as you respond to my question...The company has switch hands from being located in BC to now out of Grantsburg, WI now.....So if I still mention GMAN to Lance, am I still getting the "freinds" discount? or is the guy on the other line gonna laugh and call me a crazy A-hole cause he has no idea who either of those guys are? Just wondering...LET ME KNOW!!!

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Gonna Order my MODS as soon as you respond to my question...The company has switch hands from being located in BC to now out of Grantsburg, WI now.....So if I still mention GMAN to Lance, am I still getting the "freinds" discount? or is the guy on the other line gonna laugh and call me a crazy A-hole cause he has no idea who either of those guys are? Just wondering...LET ME KNOW!!!

Well I get the friends discount... not sure what you'll get but tell him I sent ya and maybe he'll give you a break; it is their busy season right now tho so I wouldn't expect much. I've known the owners at both locations so no worries on them recognizing the name. Regardless of what you pay, the skis are worth every penny.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:
Premium Features