• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's in YOUR backpack???

Dec 30, 2008
Ramsey, MN
Just a question to find out what you all have in your backpacks... survival, food, lipstick - what do you all carry AND for those "unique" things - please explain

My pack -
SPOT - Find me Spot tracking device & 911 emergency rescue
Food - Tuna fish in vacuum pack lasts all season
Jerky & nuts
Aspirin, and other assorted drugs
Lot's of Hotties - like to give them to kids on the trail
Space blankets
Shovel & probe
Matches
My most unique is Tampons, too old to need them except as a GREAT fire starter - dipped in a fuel tank becomes a great torch!

The sled carries the water, rope, tape, wrenches and a LOT of other "stuff"

C
Nov 14, 2008
Wyoming
The Essentials

Spare goggles, kleenex, half-roll of TP, wet wipes for the sticky kids, nuts, chocolate, tuna fish, Odwella bars, water, matches, avi probe, avi shovel, tampons, cards, spare gloves, spare wool socks, spare neck gaiter... I use to carry a small hair brush, but gave up on that when I had long hair and couldn't comb through the build-up of ice. Now I have it super short, so the hat waits for me back at the trailer.

There is probably more, but until we dig it out to reload for the season, I am sure I am missing something!

P
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
Lotso crap....

Ok here we go...... In the pack.... :D

~ shovel, probe
~ extra batteries
~ 2 way radio
~ GPS
~ Flashlight
~ Extra sox
~ Spork
~ Fire making essentials
~ Rope
~ Space blanket
~ Good First Aid kit for 3 peeps
~ Extra first aid supplies
~ Pink Duct tape
~ Big H2O bottle
~ lighter
~ TP
~ Roll of flagging
~ Salt to season my hot pot cusine
~ Cheeto's
~ Little candy bars for that extra boost of energy 1/2 way through the day
~ Sled insurance and registration
~ Second set goggles
~ couple of extra pair of gloves and some mitts for the trip home
~ Beanie
~ Camera
~ Extra belt

On the sled..... :D

~ My most amazing tool kit, it contains alot of handy random knick knacks
~ A zillion zippy ties
~ gas on occasion
~ spark plugs

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
I dont have one! so nothing is in mine.....
I hate riding with them. so I just keep matches and fire starters in my coat pockets and my cell phone and other small Things,

J

jtblaster

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 10, 2009
Anchorage, AK
WOW. you ladies carry alot of stuff in your pack.. i should probably add a first aid kit of some kind in mine.. here is what i carry
Shovel
Probe
Water
Snickers
Granola bars
Sandwhich
Camera
Hotties for your feet
Extra Gloves
Hat
Extra lense for goggles
Gas
Spark plugs
I think that is bout it.. The bf carriers all the tools, tow rope, and first aid kit and i carry the food lol.. ;)

E
Nov 26, 2007
oregon
Besides all the normal rescue and survival stuff, I too carry tampons in my pack. I wish I had a camera when I took them out of my pack and asked my 12 year old son and daughters boyfriend why I would have them with me. I will never forget the look on both of their faces, and can't decide who was more horrified. We spent a half hour starting fires with flint, when I took them out of the pack and popped the question. If we had not been twenty miles from the truck I swear both those boys would have bolted.

Sorry, not sure about posting in the "girls" section, but this may well go down as one of my top snowmobiling memories.

Rock on ladies.

sandorsnow

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2009
utah
Sorry for the "off topic" comment but the tampons are a great idea for a fire starter, and reminded me of a funny story.
I've always carried a few extra tampons in my trucks glove box for my wife, we camp alot, and you never know.
I'm also self employed in construction with 6 employees. One day after growing tired of hearing 1 employee pi$$ and moan about actually having to work, I went to my truck pulled out the tampon and without saying a word, handed it to him in front of god and everyone. He no longer complains, and it has become a great running joke.

(pollitically correct) I mean no offense to anyone.

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
For our fire starter we melt vasaline and soak cotton balls in it. Then store it in a zip lock baggie. You'll never go back to tampons and gas.:D

We added binoculars to our packs this year. Between the hub and I we have pretty much everything you can possible think of.:beer;

Premium Features