• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bachelor

GNXtoWS6

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
Tigard, OR
Any ride around Bachelor lately? Looking for a trail ride break in for new ride. Probably going out from Upper Three Creeks but want to make sure there is enough on the trails

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
I’ve been out a couple times and plan to head toward Bach Saturday. I live closer to sisters and 3 creeks is my normal place to ride but I haven’t seen totals there like at Bach. However, I woke up to 2-3” at the house this morning and almost nothing in Redmond where I work. Time for another 3 creeks scouting trip.

Once our plans get a little more dialed in I’ll post on here if you’re looking for some folks to ride with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GNXtoWS6

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
Tigard, OR
Thanks, how much on the ground around Bachelor now. We are coming from Portland and going out from Three Creek is much closer. If you do check it out before Saturday I appreciate the info. See you up there!

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
We went up Sunday and I would say 2’ most places. I found some wind drifted areas with around 3’.

Last Saturday I scouted 3 creeks and only found 1-3” at the campground. The gate was still open as well. I’m unsure if that has changed this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Where are you guys riding out of on the Bach side? We might be coming over on Saturday and need to figure out where to park at. Waiting to see if it's gonna be worth the 7 hours of driving to get there and back :)

Last edited:

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
We parked right off the road at the entrance to Todd lake. Dutchman was pretty full and a couple from our party parked up there due to the deep snow past the gate.

This weekend I'm thinking Kapka. Sat is supposed to be partly sunny and Bach area could get another foot by then. I'm guessing a lot of folks will be heading out.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Parked at Kapka today and put some miles on the new sled. Made our way up past moon to the great little play area up there. Good to get out and next weekend is looking great too!

O
Nov 12, 2017
We got up there this weekend too, found some good snow for this early in November! We will be back up next weekend. If you see us come say hi!

47DF8A3F-24FE-4CB8-8DF7-BF7D9EB1C9A4.jpg

GNXtoWS6

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
Tigard, OR
We went out of Upper Three Creeks. About 7" on the ground in the AM but melting fast by the afternoon. Once up the conditions we better than we expected. This week seems to be shaping up well for more snow

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Yep, decent amounts on the bachelor stake camera. We'll be up Sat for sure. I heard they are closing the cascade gate Wednesday so Kapka will be the spot to park since we don't plan to go out super early.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Drooling over the report of 30 inches at the Village. Any kind of a base yet? Like to get away from the masses...

Is it even possible to park at Dutchman anymore? Seems like that place is full before it gets light. From Kapaka going under the road then taking the first right gets you into some decent stuff pretty fast if the snow is deep enough. The water shed crap is kind of a bummer. Need to spend more time over there.

Last edited:

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Drooling over the report of 30 inches at the Village. Any kind of a base yet? Like to get away from the masses...

Is it even possible to park at Dutchman anymore? Seems like that place is full before it gets light. From Kapaka going under the road then taking the first right gets you into some decent stuff pretty fast if the snow is deep enough. The water shed crap is kind of a bummer. Need to spend more time over there.

Dutchman is always jammed by the time I get up there. We ended up going under the road from Kapka and then riding up the steep little chute to the side of the road. Rode the road all the way to Todd Lake entrance from there. Good way to put in some break-in miles and fun to keep up with the cars while staring at them, haha.

We went up the trail a bit past the overpass but ran into a dead end. Now, I don't have a ton of familiarity with the Bach trail system yet so I might have missed something. We did see a lot of snow covered downed trees so it might be plugged up for the time being.

I found a few spots that felt like they had a decent base. For the most past I tried to stay flat on the snow though. . . just in case.

heidij21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2009
Denver, CO
Thanksgiving weather

Hey there everyone! Has anybody been up Mount bachelor area for snowmobiling the last couple of days ? Curious to see what the warm weather and rain has done to your base . We will be in the area Friday and Saturday and we're hoping to at least get on some trails!

Thank you and happy Thanksgiving to you all

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
There are not many "roads" to ride out of dutchman other then down the hwy and up todd lake. Expect Todd Lake road to be a nasty whooped mess with a puddle/pond or two. Trail out the back of the flats will have logs to hop, most would consider it not passable.

They received many inches of rain sunday night through last night.

It years past when we've had a "snowful" early season like this one it normally leads to a very poor winter season, hope this isn't the case.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Anyone ride by there this week to see if riding is possible on the weekend?

I haven't driven down there but they've only picked up a couple base inches since the rain. I'm guessing it is still pretty thin out there.

Premium Features