• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoScoot with a huge mid throttle bog. Help

F
Nov 30, 2009
Waverly Iowa
Otherwise it runs pretty good. Pretty good throttle response when I blip the throttle from idle, and when I sputter through the midrange the top end runs pretty good too, but it's probably not perfect. Also, after it idles for about 1 min(sounds great) the rpms fall way low, to the point of not running or hanging on by a tread. The fuel pump had a massive air leak(sucking air) but now fixed. The air box has 2 large holes cut in it from the previous owner. Could it be getting too much air? If it had flat slide carbs I'd probably move the needle position to a leaner setting. I'm not familiar with butterfly carbs.
I added a little oil to the new gas(40:1) because I was going to monitor the oil consumption for the first tank to make sure it was working. It doesn't seem to be overly smoking. This coupled with the oil injection is making me wonder if it's just too rich

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Interesting. If the airbox was opened up your jetting will most likely need to change. I have two Scoots and one runs perfect, the other one seems to start strong and when it gets onto the main it kind of doesnt want to wind out rather stay flat. I have tried everything except a new belt and maybe a different main. I know a guy who has one so i will see how his runs. Frustrating LOL

C
Nov 29, 2008
Pull the carb and clean completely .... helps if you have a copy of the service manual to establish proper setting .... after several owners, "pieces" tend to go missing or screwed up .... I have a copy of the manual if you need it.

Premium Features