• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 xcr 800 belly pan on a 1997 ultra sp wedge chassis

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Should work, the 02 is a Gen II chassis and the Gen II RMK stuff goes right on a wedge bulkhead. Exhaust outlet hole may not match up with your pipes but everything else should be OK.

I forgot about the trailing arms. The 97 is outboard and the 02 is tucked in. You would need to change the foot rests or get a 99 belly pan. That was the only year in Gen II with out board trailing arms.

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
If you go that route, you will also want the trailing arms and radius rods. If you use your arms, find a 99 belly pan to go with the XCR hood, nose brace, bumper and hinges. The tucked in arms are a little different than the 02. The XCR foot wells will rivet righ onto the 97 bulkhead. You are going to need the Gen II console as well or you can run with out it. Your key switch is in the right panel and if you put the XCR stuff on, it moves up to the console. If you get the one off the XCR, it should work with your tank.

I just looked at your Hard Core post. The 97 tunnel should rivet right to the XCR Gen II bulkhead. It all seperates right under the steering hoop and if your damage is behind that then it should be fine. I thought you were trying to update a 97. Lots of work but lift the gas tank and seat and pull the chaincase. From there it's a matter of drilling out the rivets in the foot rests and tunnel. You will need to rmove the running board coolers too because they go through both the tunnel and the foot rests.

Last edited:
Premium Features