For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2017, 05:00 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Durnk has a reputation beyond reputeDurnk has a reputation beyond reputeDurnk has a reputation beyond reputeDurnk has a reputation beyond reputeDurnk has a reputation beyond reputeDurnk has a reputation beyond reputeDurnk has a reputation beyond reputeDurnk has a reputation beyond reputeDurnk has a reputation beyond reputeDurnk has a reputation beyond reputeDurnk has a reputation beyond repute
Default First snowbike !

I test rode a few last year and decides to take the plunge. I picked up a 14 ktm xc-f with 15 hrs for $5500 and a 16 timbersled lt le with the tss shock for $4400. I'm excited to get this beast put together. I have tried to search for must haves but my phone won't let me type in the search bar. It keeps disappearing. Do far I've concluded I need a thermostat and gauge, fuel programmer?, and some sort of engine cover to keep snow out. What other "must haves should I invest in or upgrades. Any brands to avoid for these items? Thanks in advance.

Ps I have no pictures at the moment cause the bike is being hidden at a buddies house. The wife is going to kill me when she finds out.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 08-04-2017, 01:22 PM
Currently: Snowbiking Wyoming
Basic Member
eric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond reputeeric82930 has a reputation beyond repute

i have the same problem the way around it this when the search window opens click advance search

Old 08-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Currently: is it winter yet?
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,191 Posts
Wheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute

You have a pretty solid list of goodies.

Thermostat - If you want to spend the extra coin the Raze heated handlebars work amazing, they are spendy but you do get a thermostat with it, so more overall bang for your buck. Again not cheap but they are pretty amazing.
Engine shroud
intake is already dialed with TSS
Good hand guards - smashing through trees gets old fast when your hands are exposed.
Fork springs, or an air-pro setup to help keep it up in the stroke.
Bigger pegs are a plus but by no means a required item.
Cushy seat-your *** will get tougher but a bigger seat is a nice mod.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:54 AM
UPsnowbiker has a reputation beyond reputeUPsnowbiker has a reputation beyond reputeUPsnowbiker has a reputation beyond reputeUPsnowbiker has a reputation beyond reputeUPsnowbiker has a reputation beyond reputeUPsnowbiker has a reputation beyond reputeUPsnowbiker has a reputation beyond reputeUPsnowbiker has a reputation beyond reputeUPsnowbiker has a reputation beyond reputeUPsnowbiker has a reputation beyond reputeUPsnowbiker has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha.....I love that it's in your buddies shed because the wife doesn't know about it yet.

Sound right out of my book of tricks!

Makes it more fun

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to UPsnowbiker For This Useful Post:
Durnk (08-16-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 09:09 AM
RMK935VA has a reputation beyond reputeRMK935VA has a reputation beyond reputeRMK935VA has a reputation beyond reputeRMK935VA has a reputation beyond reputeRMK935VA has a reputation beyond reputeRMK935VA has a reputation beyond reputeRMK935VA has a reputation beyond reputeRMK935VA has a reputation beyond reputeRMK935VA has a reputation beyond reputeRMK935VA has a reputation beyond reputeRMK935VA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durnk View Post
I test rode a few last year and decides to take the plunge. I picked up a 14 ktm xc-f with 15 hrs for $5500 and a 16 timbersled lt le with the tss shock for $4400. I'm excited to get this beast put together. I have tried to search for must haves but my phone won't let me type in the search bar. It keeps disappearing. Do far I've concluded I need a thermostat and gauge, fuel programmer?, and some sort of engine cover to keep snow out. What other "must haves should I invest in or upgrades. Any brands to avoid for these items? Thanks in advance.

Ps I have no pictures at the moment cause the bike is being hidden at a buddies house. The wife is going to kill me when she finds out.
What I have on my 14.5 KTM 450 FE SXF:
- Fastway pegs
- Thermostat
- Heated grips
- Higher output battery
- Pr2 ECU (best thing that I did to it)
- Fisher seat (your base built into a great saddle for snowbike use)
- Tachometer (not necessary but I like it)
- Larger gas tank (you may have that on your bike)
- Handguards (wraparound with metal connection to bars)
- Rekluse clutch (personal preference item)
- Rear fender tool bag
- Jumper battery (I never used it but, with no kickstarter, it seemed necessary
- Rear gas can (I have a Yeti kit so I had to use their can. It is expensive but it holds 4 gallons and it mounts further forward than the others which keeps the weight off of the back. It will not work on a TS.)

I am having a Thumper Racing 520 big bore put in mine now with a ported head. More torque and power is going to be nice. Good luck and have fun!