• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Have a Question that maybe someone can answer

S

shawn2820

Dec 26, 2009
Arthur Nebraska
Hello

You might have to take the front plastics off and the exhaust pipe off to look around, the nun can be bent but in areas not easily seen, my right ski set back a touch more than the left, the one area I noticed this is cause the shock spring doesn`t set as centered in the middle of the top control arm than the left, the front of the right shock spring is close to touchin the inside of the control arm and on the left there is about 3/8 inch gap between the two, I also couldn`t see anything but at least on mine I noticed a tweek in the side of the bulkhead as I changing the exhaust can, I hammered it back straight but I know when I take the front plastics off I`ll definetely find more to my surprise,

I bet you will notice more too.

the aluminum pieces coming up from the skis is the Spindle.. and the top of the spindle should be setting at a bit of a back angle, the top back farther than the bottom this is the caster angle in the front suspension.

Good Luck, Wildcard

Ill be sure to give this a look, thanks for the help

G
Nov 28, 2007
Newport
Skis not even

I have a 2007 XRS Summit. My skis are just what you said. My clutch side looks back farther but I cant find a bend. Has me puzzled. It rides normal. I have Fox Floats for shocks and no sway bar:kev:. Everything is even.

Call me blind too.

S

shawn2820

Dec 26, 2009
Arthur Nebraska
I have a 2007 XRS Summit. My skis are just what you said. My clutch side looks back farther but I cant find a bend. Has me puzzled. It rides normal. I have Fox Floats for shocks and no sway bar:kev:. Everything is even.

Call me blind too.

I was talking to a buddy of mine who is a mechanic, and his is the same way. But he said he knows he hit a stump or something and has had all the plastic off but still cant find anything bent to make the skis sit like what yours and mine are like. He just rides his too and says he cant tell a difference on how it rides. So that is what i am going to do too. Im wondering if the whole bulkhead could move and not really ever bend anything. But anyway, im going to ride it till i hit something and i do bend it to where i can see it.

M
Jun 3, 2010
normal

most of new sleds from the factory aren't true. A little tweak here and there isn't anything to worry about. I took the ball pein to mine few times to accomplish minor "alignments." No big deal as nothing is cracked or obviously bent to where fixing it could compromise safety.

G

gasholic

Dec 15, 2007
Idaho
I am in the process of replaceing the nun on my '07 summit XRS. When I purchaced it, the left ski was about 2 1/2" back of the righ ski. I knew this when I bought it and rode it last winter with no noticable problems. Now is
'summer rebuild time'. When I got it apart ( stainless rivits ar a _ITCH).
The plate in front of the engine and behind the nun was bent, hard to see with everything in place. The nun was bent between where the upper left A arm mounts to the nun. If you still have foam there you wont see it. In fact I can feel it more than I can see it
I am into it $450 and using 440 race parts, dooing the labor myself. I did a mock up with the new parts, some bolts, vice grips etc, and only 1/8 inch off now. VERRY happy.
The bends and tweeks are very hard to see.
Good luck,
Gas

R

rev_rider800

Jan 23, 2011
minneapols mn
If you pull your pipe out and compare both sides of the nun where your tie rods come out, I bet you'll see bends. Under the primary will typically show damage, as well as the piece your exhaust can hangs...new nuns are 2-250, not that expensive...if you doo it, grind the rivets rather than drill them. Otherwise bag it and ride it like it is, that way you won't regret replacing it the next time you hit something lol
:face-icon-small-coo

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I am in the process of replaceing the nun on my '07 summit XRS. When I purchaced it, the left ski was about 2 1/2" back of the righ ski. I knew this when I bought it and rode it last winter with no noticable problems. Now is
'summer rebuild time'. When I got it apart ( stainless rivits ar a _ITCH).
The plate in front of the engine and behind the nun was bent, hard to see with everything in place. The nun was bent between where the upper left A arm mounts to the nun. If you still have foam there you wont see it. In fact I can feel it more than I can see it
I am into it $450 and using 440 race parts, dooing the labor myself. I did a mock up with the new parts, some bolts, vice grips etc, and only 1/8 inch off now. VERRY happy.
The bends and tweeks are very hard to see.
Good luck,
Gas
65! You tear it up

Premium Features