• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power claw

M
Nov 23, 2008
Vancouver, wash
Got out for first run today 06 m7 with power claw. Man i never had a track that would pull the skis off the ground in really fluffy dry powder. It just goes and goes!!!!

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
I was equally impressed with it today also. Even bites a lot harder on the trail than the stock challenger that used to come on them. In the deep , it just put you on top of it right away.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Awesome track, I got to play in 2 ft. of dry powder today and I could not believe how it pulled the skies out of the snow. I was riding with 2 03 800 summit 159's , mines an 09 M8 LE 153, they could not come close to me on the hills or even in the meadows. and my clutching is off I'm only turning 7,100-7,300 RPMs above 5,000 feet. There turning 7,800 RPMs thanks to the T.R.A.s. I can't wait to see how mine will do when the clutching is fixed. :D:beer;

cjfarm11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Laurel,mt
good to hear! I hope to get one soon and compare it to my camo-xtreme.
Anyones else have time on the Power-claw?

F
Nov 24, 2008
powder claw track

Guys watch your clips my first ride i lost 16 we checked 3 other tracks and they had multiple clips that were loose. I am running this on a Apex and know going to clip every lug.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Loving mine so far. Just goose it and it pops you up on top of the snow while riding in 4.5' today. Great for trouble spots, like ravines, or slowly pulling a hill and then WOT. Did 1 hillclimb today (hoping all the way up I don't tear a ski off) Wasn't enough to make a review of the track in this situation but so far so good.
They are calling for 30" Wed/Thurs, so this should get me into the full season.

Nov 14, 2008
Calgary Alberta
I'm a skidoo guy and i shouldent be on here but you know what i couldent help my self on seeing the power claw post.. I heard it doesint go down hill very well??? just what a track dealer said? wondering if the camo extreme will give it a challange??? i heard lot's about the camo extreme.. all we can doo is wait lol, have fun artic cat fan's!!!!

Marry christmas and a happy new year fella's and gal's;)

M
Dec 23, 2007
Washington
I'm a skidoo guy and i shouldent be on here but you know what i couldent help my self on seeing the power claw post.. I heard it doesint go down hill very well??? just what a track dealer said? wondering if the camo extreme will give it a challange??? i heard lot's about the camo extreme.. all we can doo is wait lol, have fun artic cat fan's!!!!

Marry christmas and a happy new year fella's and gal's;)

get outta here...... it'll be alright going downhill not the best but not the worst. the attack 20 was worse

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
Just keeps going. you can feel the pull in places that otherwise you though, oh crap, i'm going to get stuck. Love this track. feel the $$$ at work in a positive way.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
PC positive

broke trail up through 3' of tough going new sticky powder with the powerclaw on my m8 and had to grind over the top on two slopes, two other good late model cats along couldn't pull the same hills out of my track.

We rode back and looked at my track........doesn 't trench, even when grinding over the last 100' of hill, keeps you on top, most confidence inspiring track I've ver owned. Also.........a side hilling fool!! WOW!! Makes the front end of your M feel lighter and more agile as a toot on the throttle will get the front end up on ALL snow conditions.

Best bang for the buck M series mod for sure!!

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
I think the new track is perfect . There is one really bad thing about it though.:mad:

Now i have to help all of the other 162's get unstuck , and then i just drive away at 1/4 throttle . I wish i would of had it before the turbo , to compare just the tracks . Now my sled is very easy to ride. I think the new track has alot to do with it.

cjfarm11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Laurel,mt
Ran my p-claw for the first time tonight on some harder snow. And WOW! It hooked up great. WAY better than i thought. I just hope it works in the steep and deep! I will be trying it this weekend.;)

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
Got out for first run today 06 m7 with power claw. Man i never had a track that would pull the skis off the ground in really fluffy dry powder. It just goes and goes!!!!
What way do you mount it?Is it like the A20 that you can put this both ways ?like the hillclimb position on the a20?

It looks like it comes in the powder position way on my buddies 09 M sleds.

M
Nov 23, 2008
Vancouver, wash
It only goes one way with the arrows pointing forward or the tips of the fingers point forward. I think the design of the track is a cross between a finger track and a A-20.

R
Aug 30, 2008
I have the power claw on my Turbo M7, and it does not stop as well as my camo extreme. It is way better than the camo extreme in the deep snow and just as good on the trail. I am very concerned about it coming down mountains on hard pack.

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Agreed...

can just continue to crawl in almost any snow conditions. very impressed so far! Hooks up really well in what I would call spring conditions (40 degrees) and the floof... haven't had enough of the floof yet however... but overall worth every penny...

Premium Features