• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MotoTrax Questions and Concerns

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
We are waiting on a shipment of custom wound heavy springs that will be available as a free performance upgrade. This upgrade provides a progressive coupling effect. It applies pressure to the rear idlers and keeps the rail tips up. It also serves as a counter balance for engine torque that is applied during acceleration. This upgrade will improve performance by limiting trenching.

Please contact our customer service department if you would like one of these free upgrades sent to you!

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
Just my opinion here, but i suggest it is seriously taken as it is for your own good.

The upgraded ball joint spacers, rear slider, track adjusters, and new brake pin setup should be marketed to 2017 customers as a HUGE discount. Honestly even if you lose a little money on them it would be in YOUR BEST INTEREST to upgrade the 2017 kits at a very reduced price.
Don't have to make the pricing public, but if you call in with an existing order number it would be made right. I think we can all agree it would be great if the upgrades were free, but nobody should be paying full price regardless.

Btw the 2018 stuff you outlined in the post is a great improvement and very good to hear. I may be ordering anothter kit next year and this puts mototrax back in the game where it would not have been considered based on this years results

As I stated at the end of my post about the 2018 updates:

"All of these durability improvements will be available to 2017 kit owners. We will be posting info concerning that in the coming days, please be patient for that post to come out."

We have every intention of taking care of our current customers and working with you to get your kits updated with these durability improvements. We are working to hash out some details now and there will be information coming out to all customers very soon.

S

s.back

Jan 29, 2017
rohnert park, ca.
sounds like you guys are doing a good job at taking care of the issues. guess I will just have to wait and see what the prices are going to be for the 2018 kits.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
We are waiting on a shipment of custom wound heavy springs that will be available as a free performance upgrade. This upgrade provides a progressive coupling effect. It applies pressure to the rear idlers and keeps the rail tips up. It also serves as a counter balance for engine torque that is applied during acceleration. This upgrade will improve performance by limiting trenching.

Please contact our customer service department if you would like one of these free upgrades sent to you!

I have about 50 hours on my enduro kit. I have found that when the rail tips stay up the kit is a trenching nightmare and will not come out of a hole even with someone pulling on the ski. I've found that the best performance in deep snow is to force the rail tips down increasing the nearly non existent approach angle and putting more track on the snow. When I put a 5/8 rubber bumper in FRONT of the sliding bushing it was a much improved deep snow experience. When the pounding that area takes finally forced the rubber bumper to push off over the washer I felt the difference in a couple of climbs and looked to see the bumper gone. If you are focusing on forcing the rail tips up with that spring please test to see if that is better than a spring in front of the bushing. My experience says on is needed in front of the bushing more than the rear. With my 5/8 bumper in front of the bushing I can sometimes straddle the bike and push it out of the hole because it will climb out of the hole. Without the bushing it will not come out of the hole unless someone pulls like hell on the ski. Don't assume. TEST IT.

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
The rivet we use are a standard size, the pull on the rivet 1/8". We don't use an expensive, fancy rivet gun of any sort. We bought an Astro 1423 13-Inch Heavy Duty Hand Riveter off Amozon for about $30.

We have rivets available that we can send you if you would like. They are the same ones that are currently being used in production. We have been running them on our demo fleets and race team and we have had very good success with them. Contact our customer service department and request the rivet kit.
Why should I have to call you for rivets? Why don't you just send me the GD things? Man I don't get you guys. If you're afraid of admitting you messed up on the design, well, that ship has sailed. It's time to eat crow and sending some rivets is pretty much the least that you could do.

Is there anything else I should ask for that will keep my bike from falling apart 10 miles from my truck?

Last edited:
K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Please be patient with our new system, it is necessary to guarantee that no customer need get missed. It is a brand new system that we are implementing so bear with us, as our staff gets more comfortable with the system our service will only continue to improve.

My suggestions on your ticket system ( I have never seen anything like it before ever...)

If your going that route....

- Do the tickets internally, its too many extra steps to call then wait for an email ..then re-explain what i need.. then wait for a reply that is hardly every responded to if at all.

- Make it fully online. To where I can fill out my problem online, and I get a login and can see my open "tickets". Requires people to actually answer them though which currently is not the case. ( Thats a system I have seen, but its for one of my 3d printers that is based in the netherlands and the timezone and language barrier makes it necessary, but it worked well the one or two times I needed it )

- Some people don't like online though, or email for that matter.

If your employees cannot keep track of things then the ticket system might need to be for them, not for me.. so have them keep track internally.. don't involve us unless you need a picture or something.

Just some suggestions, from the frustrations I have had.

Last edited:
H
Jan 24, 2014
CRANBROOK B.C
MARKETING
This is how most of us got into this mess.

WORDS WITHOUT ACTIONS

Its been 4 months Mototraxs still has not properly fixed a simple thing like the rear slide bushing.(the first thing that FAILED before it was installed on my bike)

Idler wheel placement another QUICK FIX ( the wheels do not fit in track guides and the shafts break)WE AT MOTOTRAX RECOMMEND YOU CARRY A SPARE SHAFT. try changing that part in 4 ft of snow .

Seal/Damper on the Motolink ( When mine failed I was told just cut them off you don't need them)
By the way it is a seal used as a damper.

There is many more parts failing on these tracks.

What gets me is with these first few failures Mototrax still sent out and sold tracks knowing the tracks had MAJOR DEFECTS

Ya they answered their phone ,emails and made you feel special(if you didn't bitch)

As I have been told by people that own the 2016 tracks, Mototrax promised them upgrades some are still waiting for their '' upgraded parts''

As other companies are getting ready to show case their 2018 tracks.
Its my opinion that Mototrax is doing damage control so they stay in the game for 2018
Using words like upgrades to the 2017 tracks instead of repairs for the 2017 tracks.

I will give Mototraxs credit for their marketing skills now its time to own up to what they MARKETED .
THE BEST SNOWBIKE JUST GOT BETTER
7 years of incompetence.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Also I see the front yoke on the picture, that should probably be included on the MX model as part of the package IMO

Mototrax, I have the above mentioned yoke installed but have some reservations. The male (T) portion should be long enough to take advantage of the full length of the yoke female portion. Second and most concerning are the plastic bushings. The plastic bushings fill the gap between the shortened shock shaft and the moto link. This shaft assembly does not fit real tight and leaves a bit of space. If one tightens the thru bolt enough it can crush the plastic bushing and break or bend the ear off the moto link that supports the shock at the bottom. These small bushings should be a non crushable material. I also wonder how much stress the small ears that now take the force of the yoke and shock can tolerate before breaking off that ear. Is there a better place to mount the yoke to the moto link?

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
Why should I have to call you for rivets? Why don't you just send me the GD things? Man I don't get you guys. If you're afraid of admitting you messed up on the design, well, that ship has sailed. It's time to eat crow and sending some rivets is pretty much the least that you could do.

Is there anything else I should ask for that will keep my bike from falling apart 10 miles from my truck?

We will happily send you out rivets, however we need to know where to ship them. Therefore a call to us can get them headed your way same day. While we're on the phone with you we will happily discuss any other issued you are facing personally and see what we can do to help you have confidence in your kit. I'm sorry but none of the issues or concerns you have regarding your personal kit can be address properly by going back and forth with you on this forum.

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
My suggestions on your ticket system ( I have never seen anything like it before ever...)

If your going that route....

- Do the tickets internally, its too many extra steps to call then wait for an email ..then re-explain what i need.. then wait for a reply that is hardly every responded to if at all.

- Make it fully online. To where I can fill out my problem online, and I get a login and can see my open "tickets". Requires people to actually answer them though which currently is not the case. ( Thats a system I have seen, but its for one of my 3d printers that is based in the netherlands and the timezone and language barrier makes it necessary, but it worked well the one or two times I needed it )

- Some people don't like online though, or email for that matter.

If your employees cannot keep track of things then the ticket system might need to be for them, not for me.. so have them keep track internally.. don't involve us unless you need a picture or something.

Just some suggestions, from the frustrations I have had.

Jack,

I'm not quite sure why you have such an issue with our ticketing system, your warranty claim and fit kit issues we're addressed and taken care of very quickly.

The reason customers are involve with the ticket and it isn't done internally is so you are notified that we have been in contact with you and your issues are being addressed. I feel like you would be far more frustrated if we just took your information and started working on your ticket without you being informed and kept in the loop. It is an interactive system that you can comment and send pictures to. It is also valuable to us so we can keep record of all of our customer interactions. As I've already stated it is a new system and it will only get more efficient as our staff gets more familiar with it, so please be patient.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
As you can imagine I'm exited to mount and ride this thing I have had it 2 weeks and have not got to ride it yet that is all. Monday morning called. Wednesday stuff went out.

I felt like unless I talked to Danny on the phone I had no idea what was going on. I was questioning .. "Did anyone read these?". Apparently they were but I didn't know unless I called again.

In summary, talking to Danny on the phone seemed to work the best, ticket/email system I felt out of the loop and didn't know what if anything was being done.

Box is waiting for me at home, hopefully I can get it mounted and ride this weekend and shut up about it. :face-icon-small-ton

Last edited:
M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
I have about 50 hours on my enduro kit. I have found that when the rail tips stay up the kit is a trenching nightmare and will not come out of a hole even with someone pulling on the ski. I've found that the best performance in deep snow is to force the rail tips down increasing the nearly non existent approach angle and putting more track on the snow. When I put a 5/8 rubber bumper in FRONT of the sliding bushing it was a much improved deep snow experience. When the pounding that area takes finally forced the rubber bumper to push off over the washer I felt the difference in a couple of climbs and looked to see the bumper gone. If you are focusing on forcing the rail tips up with that spring please test to see if that is better than a spring in front of the bushing. My experience says on is needed in front of the bushing more than the rear. With my 5/8 bumper in front of the bushing I can sometimes straddle the bike and push it out of the hole because it will climb out of the hole. Without the bushing it will not come out of the hole unless someone pulls like hell on the ski. Don't assume. TEST IT.

Steve,

We are and will continue to consider all of the suggestions that you have made to us over the phone and on this forum. We will also continue to consider all of the suggestions we receive from any of our customers, as we receive multiple suggestions everyday that people have found work for them. Anytime
This being said we understand that our customers have different riding styles and some things that work well for one rider may not work as well for others, so we do our best to develop our product to meet the likes of as many customers as possible.

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
As you can imagine I'm exited to mount and ride this thing I have had it 2 weeks and have not got to ride it yet that is all. Monday morning called. Wednesday stuff went out.

I felt like unless I talked to Danny on the phone I had no idea what was going on. I was questioning .. "Did anyone read these?". Apparently they were but I didn't know unless I called again.

In summary, talking to Danny on the phone seemed to work the best, ticket/email system I felt out of the loop and didn't know what if anything was being done.

Box is waiting for me at home, hopefully I can get it mounted and ride this weekend and shut up about it. :face-icon-small-ton

I definitely understand where you are coming from! We will certainly work harder to make sure we remain in closer contact with our customers through the ticket system and if at anytime you feel like your issue isn't being address please contact us by phone to verify.

Awesome, I'm glad that made it to you before the weekend, please let us know if you have any installation questions!

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
This is a SICK JOKE at this point.... Mototrax please test your **** before you send it to me.

So I got my new bulkhead and the right fork fit kit spacers yesterday.

The new bulkhead is square, unlike the first one. But its got another problem.... the center cross bar that the threaded rod goes through seems to have been welded with the hole out of line. The threaded rod angles downwards compared to the bulkhead arms/slots.

This makes it IMPOSSIBLE to install the two outer sidebolts through the chain adjusters.

Pictures showing the bolt angled downward.

If I put one bolt through just barley... like this.

The other side ( note i'm pulling up as hard as I can on it, and its impossible to line the hole up or get a bolt in )

S
Dec 7, 2015
Did you keep your shipping crate? I would have that thing boxed up and on its way back to the dealer. Demand a full refund, judging by the used kit market the price on mototrax's is falling fast.

Premium Features