• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Introduction: 2017 KTM 450 XC-F Timbersled 137 First Impressions

benhoopes

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2016
Thanks for letting me peruse your forums and learn from you guys.

I just got a Snow Bike (Yesterday) built up and took it out for the first time today. Had a blast. I have little to no snowmobile experience but been riding dirt bikes my entire life. No racing or anything just putting around and a lot of trail riding.

I live in Utah and had to take advantage of the first big storm we had. I went to Daniels Summit (elevation 8,000 Feet) and put my first few miles on my Snow Bike. The snow layer was thin and I pushed through and hit something hard about a dozen times. But didn't do any damage to my ski. But i am sure it got some nicks.

Bike ran great. I got the 137 for my 2017 KTM 450 XC-F. Never got stuck. But then again it would have been hard to get stuck with as little snow as we had. The bike floated over the snow very well when I got off the groomed trails. On the Groomed it was not as darty as thought it would be. There was a lot of traffic and car tire tracks with people cutting down christmas trees and making big ruts on the trail.

I loved Side hilling. That has always been the hardest thing for me to do on a Snowmobile. But on this machine it was very easy to pick any line and hold it.

My Bro-In-Law has the 120 SX kit pictured below on his '17 KTM 450 XC-F. I am anxious to get both of these out and see how they differ in handling characteristics. We have another storm coming Monday and Tuesday and will get some more miles on the machines then. I will give a full review after I can spend a full day on the bike.

Sorry about the pictures. On my computer they are right side up. I will try to fix that

IMG_0302.jpg IMG_0303.jpg IMG_0304.jpg IMG_0305.jpg IMG_0306.jpg IMG_0307.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features