• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

98 powder special ,,, Carb help

E
Jan 25, 2009
Erie Colorado
Someone please help,, I bought a 98 powder special that had a motor fire,, it had a fuel leak and the fire burnt all of the fuel hoses,, I rebuilt the carbs and put all new lines on and it started up fine.. But my question is, there is an altitude compensator that is missing, must of been taken off after fire,, my question is, is there anything special to do to the four carb lines?

Engine Pro 5x

Premium Member
Sep 20, 2009
KANSAS
Usually when you take the compensator off you will have to change the jets so you might want to check the # of your jets to make sure your ok. Chances are if the compensator was taken off before the fire you ok but it never hurts to be sure >>>>.

Last edited:
R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Someone please help,, I bought a 98 powder special that had a motor fire,, it had a fuel leak and the fire burnt all of the fuel hoses,, I rebuilt the carbs and put all new lines on and it started up fine.. But my question is, there is an altitude compensator that is missing, must of been taken off after fire,, my question is, is there anything special to do to the four carb lines?

I have 2 new, never been used, 98 Powder special carbs with compensators that I pulled of my 98 when I bought it new in 98.

I will sell them to you for $175.00 for both....

Premium Features