• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris tether

Dop

Lifetime Membership
Aug 26, 2009
Other than a stuck throttle, what purpose does a tether serve? I guess I don't see the point? If it engaged the brake to prevent a ghost ride, well then I would be a buyer. :face-icon-small-sho

If your riding in mountains or any area for that matter and the sled can be rolled then you should have a tether. When a fuel injected sled rolls over and the throttle is pinched between the snow and the handle bars it causes the track to accelerate creating a dangerous situation for everyone not just the RIDER.
NOTE: They are a pain in the *** in the trees tho getting snagged on branches and shutting engine down has caused me lots of fits of anger the Skidoo now has them on the throttle side of sled which works much better I rarely let go with that hand. however I have had it snagged also.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
If your riding in mountains or any area for that matter and the sled can be rolled then you should have a tether. When a fuel injected sled rolls over and the throttle is pinched between the snow and the handle bars it causes the track to accelerate creating a dangerous situation for everyone not just the RIDER.
NOTE: They are a pain in the *** in the trees tho getting snagged on branches and shutting engine down has caused me lots of fits of anger the Skidoo now has them on the throttle side of sled which works much better I rarely let go with that hand. however I have had it snagged also.

Nowadays I Always fit the tether on the bar riser or make a bracket for it under the riser. I think that it gets unplugged by branches etc less often if it moves with the bar.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Nowadays I Always fit the tether on the bar riser or make a bracket for it under the riser. I think that it gets unplugged by branches etc less often if it moves with the bar.

I mount my tether switch to the console just below the grip warmer switches, just forward of the fuel cap. I attach the clasp to a D ring on the bottom of my jacket and have never had a branch or anything pull it off. I wouldn't put it on my wrists, too exposed.

Premium Features