• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Engine code 173 3 on -11 PRMK

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
As topic say's, I got the errorcode up today but the sled ran almost flawless(one or two times where the rpm's maxed out at 6800rpm)
I googled it and found out that the Exhaust Temp Sensor is acting up.
I've just changed oilbrand(from Castrol to Legend Oil)since the old oil clogged up the exhaust valves due to unburnt oil recedue.
Now I suspect that the sensor is also clogged up from the old oil, and now the new faster burnig oil is f***ing up stuff:face-icon-small-hap
My questions are therefor:
1 I see from other post that it's apparently no problem to ride with this? I have a planned trip next week and will not get a new sensor in time

2 Could it be enough to just clean the sensor to make it work properly?

3 When I change the sensor(if #2 doesn't work) will the errorcode go away automaticly, or do I need to get it reset by a dealer?

Thanks

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
As topic say's, I got the errorcode up today but the sled ran almost flawless(one or two times where the rpm's maxed out at 6800rpm)
I googled it and found out that the Exhaust Temp Sensor is acting up.
I've just changed oilbrand(from Castrol to Legend Oil)since the old oil clogged up the exhaust valves due to unburnt oil recedue.
Now I suspect that the sensor is also clogged up from the old oil, and now the new faster burnig oil is f***ing up stuff:face-icon-small-hap
My questions are therefor:
1 I see from other post that it's apparently no problem to ride with this? I have a planned trip next week and will not get a new sensor in time

2 Could it be enough to just clean the sensor to make it work properly?

3 When I change the sensor(if #2 doesn't work) will the errorcode go away automaticly, or do I need to get it reset by a dealer?

Thanks

Get a new sensor eventually the sled will not get above about half throttle. Install and ride it will reset itself no taking to the dealer.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Yep, when it completely fails, and it will, it will run like crap! Call and find a dealer with one in stock and next day it! Or borrow one from a buddy...

Just noticed you're in Norway! Hopefully a dealer has one over there

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
Thanks for the replies, and yes I found a dealer who had one in stock but for $260!!
I'll have to bite hard into the wallet and get some dough out.
How do you remove this? I tried just to wiggle it abit with a wrench, and it felt like it's stuck like hell....

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
So an update:
I had to order a brand new sensor (part #4013133)for $260 and let the kids be without dinner for a week:face-icon-small-ton
The old sensor where somewhat stuck in the seat of the pipe and I had to bend it back and fourth to get it out.
Replaced and fired it up, the engine light where still on but as soon as I hit 4200rpm the light was gone and the error code disappeared.
Now the sled is back in businesses and working as normal:face-icon-small-hap

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Ran into this error this weekend. Wound up being one of the leads in the nylon bag by the primary clutch came unplugged. Not saying that is it, but worth looking since it's free.

Premium Features