• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 carb 600 has bog issue...

Y
Oct 18, 2010
Marquette MI
Seems/sounds like I'm hitting a rev limited if I Punch it from dead stop, will rev up to 6050 RPM then seem/ feel like its hitting a rev limiter. It will also do this if I go from half throttle to full throttle quickly when cruising.
But if I ease into it (relatively easy, not babying or anything) it will go up to 7800 fairly easy.

Riding at about 1000 feet elevation.

Also recently cleaned and check my exhaust valves.

Also didn't get above 7900 RPM today when riding some trail, wasn't trying too hard but probably need to check my clutching.

What could cause this type of issue? Could it be all clutching? Jetting? TPS?

The clutches are aligned properly, I did that, deflection is set as well. Secondary spring is not broken, but could be older. Don't know what weights are in it (how can I easily find out?).

Thanks!

EDIT: well, the jetting seemed right, 390, 1st position (second is recommended) and a .45, this all seems correct right?

That basically leaves clutching, or the TPS I guess?

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
bogg

Try a different belt. Look at rollers in the driven. Also check temp sending unit. The edge machines would act like that when the temp sending unit went out. You should be able to unplug it and put a jumper in and see if it runs better.

Y
Oct 18, 2010
Marquette MI
Plugs after backing off the trailer and running into garage.

IMAG0331.jpg

Premium Features