• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber 2013 Kits.....

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Man I got a lot of respect for the folks out there Building, Developing and Installing turbos for the sled industry! Frick around the people you have to deal with. Some just do not have a clue and as stated early should not be messing around with boost.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
FYI...

I did try and help csam17. The bottom line is he doesn't want a Silber turbo kit. I offered him his deposit plus an additional $250 towards a 2013 kit and he respectfully declined. I cant guarantee that I can make everybody happy, all I can do is try. Thanks csam17 for being so cordial about the incident if you ever change you mind let me know.

If others had a problem with the deposit from last year let me know and I will make you the same deal.

I honestly believe that if the people that didnt buy the kit after snowchecking it because of the oilless turbo switch had trusted Justin......They would have been happy with the kit.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
2013 SILBER PRO RMK TURBO KIT

NEW from 2012

74mm oil/ water cooled turbocharger internally waste gated. (Ceramic coated housing)

Silicone tubular air box with BOV

Billet machined throttle body plate, with Integrated custom bosch Injectors

Updated fuel controller, with TMAP integration.

Stainless exhaust with muffler (Polished)

Cold air intake adapts to stock hood intake

Updated oil tank

Plug and play electronics

All gauges and clutching included comes with adjustable weights.

No cutting drilling or modifying your sled

Turbo kit comes complete with all hardware, no extra parts are sold or needed, and these kits are turnkey ready to go.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Sweet, care to comment on some of the new things like the controller, turbo, tb plate, intake. I'm just curious about what is better about these items is all. Sounds like another great kit from Justin! I'm excited to see pictures...

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
his new fuel controller setup is a slick way to help make the boost transition much cleaner and eliminate some issues folks had last year, but boston or silber can elaborate.

the nice thing about the silicone airbox is no more dealing with the botched O rings and boxes hitting the chassis causing the det sensor to freak out.

Last edited:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I'm interested in the new fuel controller what can you tell us about it is still a dobek box ! Will the new airboz work on the older pros?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
We will have more details out shortly. We need everything confirmed so we dont have to make any last minute changes.

We will have the upgrades available for the folks with older Silber kits.

T
Jan 3, 2008
nelson bc
I HOPE THE NEW CHANGES WORK

i was unhappy with my 2012 kit. i put on 500 miles. in those miles i blew 3 tps sensors, had oil leaking out of the turbo oil cap and exhaust covering EVERYTHING in oil, including my clutches/ the o rings on the intake box rubbed threw causing a boost leak. when the sled decided to run it ran great, except for blowing belts like crazy from the oil. the main reason i took off the kit was because me and 3 dealers could not figure out why i kept blowing tps sensors. i pulled the kit off and haven't blown a sensor in 400 miles. maybe i had a lemon kit, but i really hope justin fixed all the 2012 problems caused they ruined my season.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
the TPS fail for a lot of reasons, mainly polaris chose a junk sensor that is unreliable at best. the stock sled can barely support enough voltage to keep the thing running. now add extra injectors, oil pump, and gauges, your really taxing the charging system. The TPS may have not liked the lower voltage and was causing it to fail.

and if your sled was "blowing belts like crazy" would it not seem advantageous to fix this simple problem and clean your clutches instead of continue to waste money on belts?

Justin is a stand up guy, if you had called him and told him your situation i am sure he would have made it right. Just seems strange to let your season get ruined by some very small and low cost parts which are easy to fix.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Justin would have made it right if you called him.

There are many theories for the tps issues. Some are saying its due to the dobeck boxes-on multiple brands of kits. I've heard theirs issues with them in stock form as well though. It seems to be the same tps sensor that they have used for a few years though and I don't remember hearing about It on other sleds...

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
Fix the oil leak, I know it shouldn't of been leaking in the first place, but chit happens. Repair the exhaust leak, my exhaust leaked on my brand new stock pro last year straight from the dealer with 0 miles on it. Clean the clutches/belt. Replace orings on box and ensure it is installed correctly. Seems like very minor issues to ruin a season.

The TPS on the polaris SUCKS. Been through a few of them on my dragons and 500miles on my pro required 2 adjustments to the TPS.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
i was unhappy with my 2012 kit. i put on 500 miles. in those miles i blew 3 tps sensors, had oil leaking out of the turbo oil cap and exhaust covering EVERYTHING in oil, including my clutches/ the o rings on the intake box rubbed threw causing a boost leak. when the sled decided to run it ran great, except for blowing belts like crazy from the oil. the main reason i took off the kit was because me and 3 dealers could not figure out why i kept blowing tps sensors. i pulled the kit off and haven't blown a sensor in 400 miles. maybe i had a lemon kit, but i really hope justin fixed all the 2012 problems caused they ruined my season.

Who did the install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

I have heard of this oil cap issue from multiple people. Do you remember if your oil cap had an o ring that seals the cap to the tank?

As for TPS issues, I agree with the extra electrcial items taxing the electrical system theory. I also feel there is more going on. I will be testing a couple of theories this year that I have used in the past with success on vehicles suffering from premature TPS failures.

Last edited:

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa

Sorry about your experience, but one should be a little careful what you assume or state as the facts for your problem or the TPS problem. I have many riding partners with stock 2011 and 2012 Pros that have lost 1 TPS and two of them lost 2TPS with very little riding time inbetween. Know one has been able to explain ( even the factory ) except bad run of TPS. ( I say just crap TPS ) I understand that for the 2013's Polaris has changed manufactuers for the TPS. Also like stated any mod requires you being willing to do a little extra maintenance. Wish ya better luck this yr. Had my dealer ck 2012 and 2013 TPS part no's they are the same, so no luck on getting different TPS.

Last edited:
Premium Features