• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Turbo Pro install pics MLC #2

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Inkedrider, I am a little confused. No bash intended, but have you had an issue with the BD Pro turbo unit personally??? If so, I understand your BD scrutiny. On the other hand, if you have no such personal experience why is it such a "mission" to be the self appointed prosecuter regarding the BD kits???

I am sure there are some that have issues with the kits. It is IMPOSSIBLE to release a turbo kit and not have a few issues. It does not matter how much R&D is done. There are way too many variables. There are issues with kits that have been out for years now.

Again, no bash, just curious as to your vested interest here.

Sam

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
Detonation is more than a small issue its why Aerocharger has not released there kits, they care about you and the rest of the Snowest readers who use this information to make the right purchase. Some people have saved for a year or two to buy a kit or borrowed money from family and I would hate to see them get something that was less than finished, some people can just sell it and buy another one and move on and some cant so they do a lot of research before purchasing a kit and that's what I am doing just trying to help the misinformed. I made some mistakes about the sled being a 4 injector instead of a pro / dragon but I corrected myself I have no problem saying if I was wrong. I have ridden with 4 people that have Boondocker kits and have been testing one of them since the beginning it was before 3d, BUT that should not matter it was released and you guys were the guinea pigs. The reason 3d was released was because of your R and D!! There are things that I would consider normal problems with a kit like, gauge problems, maybe some missing parts, lost in shipping, blow off not working properly ECT. Sam I hope I answered your questions thank you for your interested in the validity of my information.

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
So now I understand "whats with all the negative waves" on all the Boondockers pro turbo threads. It has been my experience that when the competition feels like they are falling behind or "lost the edge", it either motivates them to work harder or they retaliate and do what they can to slander their competitors in an effort to boost their moral/product. This may work for some, but most, and personally, this is a turn off. When company does this about a particular product I think it does more damage than good and makes me not look at their product, and in turn, look at the product in discussion, mostly because it is good enough to ruffle the feathers of the competitors. These forums are great for people experiences and opinions, but INKED I think you are going about this in the wrong way. I think everyone is interested in other products, just not the "attacks", whatever your motivation is. IMO is does more good to focus on your product, or if you are not financially tied to the company, your friends product you are trying to push, instead of speaking negative about another company and product. Doing that you may have more of a following from the "misinformed" that may value your opinion. Just a suggestion, take it as you may.

Last edited:

Dirt2oil

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2010
So here's my 2cents. I am new to this forum and don't post a whole lot, for reasons like how someone jumped all over kraftymike in the other BD thread. I am on here a lot and do a fair amount of reading. I am the first to admit that i don't know everything a bout Tsleds or that I'm not the best rider. I am a decent rider and go out to have fun. Inked you are right, many ppl like me use this forum to gather info and opinions from others to help us out with a problem or to base a purchase on. We ALL want the best bang for our buck. Sledders helping sledders, which is what I thought this forum is about. You are not doing that. Im also calling your bluff when you say you have been didn't with 4 and one from the beginning, when the kit came out. I do recall not that long ago you were goona pay justin to take you out, because a BD pro was the only kit you haven't tried. So cut the s**t allready. Did this all start when some BD setup beat your aero?, did you get emberassed in front of your friends? With all you arrogance here makes me never want to consider an aero setup. Youv made your point here and worn out your welcome on this thread. Why dont you start your own thread "why Aero is better then BD" and you can argue all by yourself. Others have called ur BS and im sure i speak for a lot of ppl, GO AWAY!

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
I agree but only if the person bashing the product works or is financially attached to them or has not offered bad information about the product he is defending I am merely stating facts about both or all, if you read some of the posts I have made in Aerochargers thread you would realize that I have told everyone that they have blown up the sled, now if I was brads best friend or had some sort of attachment to them I would not say those things but if I am testing or involved in the testing of a product my goal is to be unbiased weather I like you or not. I was testing with Shane hart last week call and ask him what he thinks of me you guys doubt me without realizing I am just trying to help that's all no one owns me nor do work for anyone in the snowmobile industry the manufactures are separate from us and protecting them is only going to make our aftermarket world worse we need to demand quality!!

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
So here's my 2cents. I am new to this forum and don't post a whole lot, for reasons like how someone jumped all over kraftymike in the other BD thread. I am on here a lot and do a fair amount of reading. I am the first to admit that i don't know everything a bout Tsleds or that I'm not the best rider. I am a decent rider and go out to have fun. Inked you are right, many ppl like me use this forum to gather info and opinions from others to help us out with a problem or to base a purchase on. We ALL want the best bang for our buck. Sledders helping sledders, which is what I thought this forum is about. You are not doing that. Im also calling your bluff when you say you have been didn't with 4 and one from the beginning, when the kit came out. I do recall not that long ago you were goona pay justin to take you out, because a BD pro was the only kit you haven't tried. So cut the s**t allready. Did this all start when some BD setup beat your aero?, did you get emberassed in front of your friends? With all you arrogance here makes me never want to consider an aero setup. Youv made your point here and worn out your welcome on this thread. Why dont you start your own thread "why Aero is better then BD" and you can argue all by yourself. Others have called ur BS and im sure i speak for a lot of ppl, GO AWAY!

Going riding with Justin or anyone else was to see if anyone is getting different results than me because I was not seeing any results like what was being posted!!

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
No, I am just to the point in this thread that I am saying things that were not supposed to be released, I have had a pro with a Boondocker kit way before a lot of people and now I don't care who knows!!

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
Yeah let me just give you my source and then maybe you guys would believe me LOL. I don't think so good luck I know what bridges not to burn!!

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
Since when did Turbos on sleds become "reliable", really(minus the 4 strokes)?
I get a chuckle whenever the builders or whoever make this claim. I honestly am happy after every ride the sled makes it back to the truck after pushing the output of the motor far beyond what it was designed for. If you are needing to borrow,beg or steal the money to ride a turbo than you may want to re-think your position. First year stuff is a hard year on wallets and nerves, always has been. So I guess I would say BD has a very large extended R&D department which they will never admit too. The other guys, not so much! A whole lot of different riding styles,areas,tunes,fuels,boost levels,builders..etc out there for any manufacture to see during there own R&D time frames. I have been part of these 'extended' R&D situations as far as my poo poo goes and had heartbreak but in the end finished happy with what I can honestly expect. I feel BD does want to have a quality/time effective product which in capable hands all the way around, comes closer than anyone else's. Can argue until blue in the face all about stand alone systems that aren't available. That little fella in Lolo may have been a good rider but that doesn't mean a great builder.
I really like my BD Dragon and have had no regrets even when my cylinder was getting re-niched and pistons getting swain-tech'ed.
Wasn't that long ago was it, that there were very similar debates as far as the 'BIG' big bore builders were concerned. And if I remember right, there life expectancy were very short at less power levels at elevation than the turbos of today. Some people(a lot) shouldn't even be around mod anythings!

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Yeah let me just give you my source and then maybe you guys would believe me LOL. I don't think so good luck I know what bridges not to burn!!

Just like you, I was only in search for the truth and to qualify your claims. You've asked several people to show video of their Pro running with the BD kit, you have video of your Pro not running with the BD kit? Maybe some sweet helmet cam footage of it hitting the DET sensor.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
OK...

I VERY rarely step in and delete or move anyones threads...

THIS IS A HEADS-UP....

This thread is getting out of hand... This kind of thing needs to stop.

Inkedrider... you have made your point... If you want to start a thread about the technical aspect of why or "why not" PRO Turbo's in general may have problems... I invite you to do so... But keep it Bash Free.

If you have a BD kit and want to comment about your direct experience, again feel free.... BUT...At this point... pics and details please.

Although I can see some general concern in your posts... You have spoken your mind.
If you continue this line of derogatory posting...I will delete your posts.

The same goes for anyone else attacking him in any other threads that I read.

I will also delete this kind of post in any other turbo mfgs threads... Plain and simple.

We just don't need this here.

There are plenty of un-civil comments above... I'm leaving them so that others can see how silly this kind of thing is.

I'm closing this thread for a day or so to let things "cool a bit" ... I'm tired of hearing about it.

I will reopen this thread on Thursday.

Snow JW...Thank you for putting the time into putting up your experience and photos with this kit....

I spend a lot of my time VOLUNTEERING here... FOR FREE...trying to help people to the best of my abilities.
I try to be fair with people...Please help me to keep this rolling.

DO NOT START ANOTHER THREAD TO CONTINUE THIS AS THAT WILL BE DELETED

Last edited:
Premium Features