• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled or EZ ryde

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Ok, thinking of selling my m10 and trying one of these suspensions on my Tnytro. Which one is the best and why? And where is the place to buy to get good support?

The thing I do not like about my m10 is the lack of ski lift I am able to get. Don't want a wheelie machine but would like to lift them a little more.

Thanks,

Open to offers on the m10 159 now or have rails to make it a 151.

R

richyrich

Nov 26, 2007
Mt Baker
Ive had both and I realy like my m-10. The ez-ryde has a nice trail ride but i couldnt keep the sled from walking out from under me on steep climbs. Also with getting the proper setup in the ez-ryde, and it was set up by Outlaw, the rearend was near 36inches off the ground. It really sucked when you got stuck. I've heard several guys talk about blowing drivers out. I know one guy who went through 3 sets of Avids in two years of frustration. Now with that being said, Ive talked with Christian at Ez-ryde and he has said with the new version they have this problem goes away. So if ya do it, dont buy an old ez-ryde.

I really like that adjustability of my m-10 and I know I will not be having any problems with ski lift. The m-10 is just a tride and proven system that continues to work.

Good luck.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Ok, thinking of selling my m10 and trying one of these suspensions on my Tnytro. Which one is the best and why? And where is the place to buy to get good support?

The thing I do not like about my m10 is the lack of ski lift I am able to get. Don't want a wheelie machine but would like to lift them a little more.

Thanks,

Open to offers on the m10 159 now or have rails to make it a 151.

Why go backwards when You have the best????????????:face-icon-small-dis

If you want to spend some money get the new air shocks for it.

Cheers.........

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Why go backwards when You have the best????????????:face-icon-small-dis

If you want to spend some money get the new air shocks for it.

Cheers.........

I don't want to spend some money and have the air assault shock on the front and have been talked out of buying the rear shock by several people. I have been working with Curt at Fastrax, and we have tried to get this thing to a decent level of ski lift and we cannot make it happen. I am sure part of it is because of the 159 skid in a 162 track and the setback is hurting more.

I agree the m10 is a good suspension, but it it isn't a great boondocking suspension (at least for me lol). No doubt if I had the testicles for big climbing this thing rocks, as i think it would climb up a wall.

Just looking for something that might fit my riding style a little better. I certainly would be open to suggestions on how to make this m10 work better.

k

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
I love my ez-ryde, took some time to get it setup as the rear mount turbo throws a few wrinkles into the mounting location. I have 3000 miles on it and still have the original set of avids on it. You do have to run you track tight, but I have a 08 skid and the 09 skid is supposed to take care of that. It is definatley better than the timbersled as I have had both skids in this sled. No comparison IMO. I think if you are running 20lbs of boost and climbing the nasty chutes then stick with the M10, but anything else the ezryde is great. I am running 15-17 lbs of boost.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
I had the EZRyde under my nytro and could not make it work but I have it working well under my apex even at high boost. I had the old ezRyde on the Nytro. They say it is better now. I haven't seen a Tsled work at all under a boosted yami but I also hear the new one works better now. The ones I saw wheelied terribly. I have an M10 in the box and was told that you can get ski lift based on mounting. I have ridden some where the skis were welded to the snow and others that had some ski lift so I know it can be done. Have you tried working with the mounting?

R

Rhinohunter

Jan 2, 2008
Emigrant,Montana
I have the timbersled with the iceage rails and a 162 with fox floats, MC turbo 270 12-15 lbs and keeping the skis on the ground or in the air is pretty easy by just a little adjustment in the air. You can really keep the skis down if you want to, I also like a lift when I need it, so I'm really happy with the setup. If I was to buy another one or try something else though I would also like to try the ezryde so let us know how it works for ya if you go with it!! Also everytime I have called timbersled with a stupid little question they have been very helpful with trying to help me, so customer service is good in my opinion.

Last edited:

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
T sled VS ez ride

EZ Ride you will have to do more mods to the tunnel.We have had Ez rides in the group and guys weren't happy with them ski lift was to much. TimberSled bolts right in.
I have a timber and run 15 -18#s with great luck. I climb in the steep and also tree ride. its a very good all around suspension and service from Timber is top notch.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
I had the EZRyde under my nytro and could not make it work but I have it working well under my apex even at high boost. I had the old ezRyde on the Nytro. They say it is better now. I haven't seen a Tsled work at all under a boosted yami but I also hear the new one works better now. The ones I saw wheelied terribly. I have an M10 in the box and was told that you can get ski lift based on mounting. I have ridden some where the skis were welded to the snow and others that had some ski lift so I know it can be done. Have you tried working with the mounting?

Yes, Curt has had me try some things, but since setting it back for the 162 I haven't tried to lower the front in the torque arms as ski pressure seemed to be pretty good. Might try that to see if i can get the front up some.

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
Happy with my timberskid this year, almost got rid of it but had the shocks revalved and there update kit relocates shock mount, bigger shock shafts and H-arm etc my skis are planted only running 15 pounds but it works great for what i do, alittle climbing and tree riding etc.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Just broke my front suspension arm in two peice on my TNytro Timbersled. On a rough trail at about 20 mph. Stick with the M10 and ask around about setting it up to get the skis up.

xtrememotorworks

Powersports Performance!
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Wa
www.xmrinc.com
I will have to say if you arent happy with it with Curts set up I would say move on, he has one of the best set up M10's out there. Your 159 set back is huge on not transfering weight and IMO you will have a hard time getting it to work that way. With the rider forward of the Nytro rear skid set up is alot harder to achieve a good balance. I have had them all and even though the M10 works great I like the Ezryde better for 90% of the riding I do.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
I will have to say if you arent happy with it with Curts set up I would say move on, he has one of the best set up M10's out there. Your 159 set back is huge on not transfering weight and IMO you will have a hard time getting it to work that way. With the rider forward of the Nytro rear skid set up is alot harder to achieve a good balance. I have had them all and even though the M10 works great I like the Ezryde better for 90% of the riding I do.

So what if I trashed the live rear axle and got some ice age 162 rails (or do I have to get the cr ones) and moved the suspension back forward? Would that do me some good and get me some more transfer?

I don't mind spending the money on this m10 if I can get it to work better. Also thought about getting Curts titanium spring set up, but he was not sure it would do it.

xtrememotorworks

Powersports Performance!
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Wa
www.xmrinc.com
I would call Fastrax and see exactly what the want for springs,valving, spring and center mounting etc. Just had another friend have them set up his M10 for his apex and it made a world of difference. I had one in my IQR and set it back to install a longer track and you couldnt get the skis up to save your life! Great skid just really touchy to set up.

R
Aug 30, 2008
I rode a MCX Pump Gas Nitro yesterday that Had a KMOD Gen II. That was the best ride I have ever rode, and I have been on both Timbersled and M10 rear skids. Secondly, I couldn't get the Nitro to pack the skis above 12-15". It had tremendous ski pressure. It was unbelievable!!

By the way, I also saw an Impulse Nytro, and it was wicked fast. I am thinking of possibly getting one of those set ups.

Premium Features