• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Impulse Apex

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Well I had my apex out for the first time the other day and was very impressed with the power and response of this sled. With this build i went with a impulse race kit. i didn't go with the 3071 like most, decided i would try the 2871 after talking it over with Paul seeing the 2871 is still making power past 20psi and i dont think ill be running any more than that and a bit better bottom end than the 3071. With the motor we went with je pistons falocon rods,head studs and stiffer valve springs, some porting and cam timing of course. The performance of this sled just blew me away, throttle response is right now 0 lag no B.S! and pulls harder than anything ive ever ridden.The bottom end and mid is explosive best way to describe it. The kit went together easy and every piece is quality!! The motor was built by Chuck at lake side just out of red deer Alberta. This build would not of happened for me with out good Friends! Id like to thank all my Friends that helped me with this sled.. Paul and Hillery,owners of Impulse Turbos, Shane for helping me out with pistons and track aka candyman, Troy aka Stray***** for coolantlines and oil lines and other parts that were cut up from my old kit. and my buddy Jay aka Spooled who is by my side with all my projects weather its cars sleds or hard wood flooring!! thanks guys. Oh last but not least Neil aka NM cant wait to line up this year brother get used to looking at my rear!! Not sure how to post pics but will try later:beer; Louie...

Last edited:
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
good to here its running good louie you will need it:D hope to have mine done this weekend.if you need help with pics just email them to me & i will postem for yah.cant do it till morning though just heading in for night shift.:beer;

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Bring it on Mo Fo!!:face-icon-small-hap. I was thinking of going riding this weekend anyway. Wanna meet in Mcbride?? You can bring Cambell with you.:beer;

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Bring it on Mo Fo!!:face-icon-small-hap. I was thinking of going riding this weekend anyway. Wanna meet in Mcbride?? You can bring Cambell with you.:beer;

i wish going to work on the sled all weekend.:beer;

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
louies sled
louiessled5.jpg

louiessled4.jpg

louiessled3.jpg

louiessled2.jpg

louiessled1.jpg

louiessled.jpg

C

CANDYMAN

Apr 23, 2008
Rimbey,AB
Well I had my apex out for the first time the other day and was very impressed with the power and response of this sled. With this build i went with a impulse race kit. i didn't go with the 3071 like most, decided i would try the 2871 after talking it over with Paul seeing the 2871 is still making power past 20psi and i dont think ill be running any more than that and a bit better bottom end than the 3071. With the motor we went with je pistons falocon rods,head studs and stiffer valve springs, some porting and cam timing of course. The performance of this sled just blew me away, throttle response is right now 0 lag no B.S! and pulls harder than anything ive ever ridden.The bottom end and mid is explosive best way to describe it. The kit went together easy and every piece is quality!! The motor was built by Chuck at lake side just out of red deer Alberta. This build would not of happened for me with out good Friends! Id like to thank all my Friends that helped me with this sled.. Paul and Hillery,owners of Impulse Turbos, Shane for helping me out with pistons and track aka candyman, Troy aka Stray***** for coolantlines and oil lines and other parts that were cut up from my old kit. and my buddy Jay aka Spooled who is by my side with all my projects weather its cars sleds or hard wood flooring!! thanks guys. Oh last but not least Neil aka NM cant wait to line up this year brother get used to looking at my rear!! Not sure how to post pics but will try later:beer; Louie...

No prob brotha glad I could help out!:beer; As for NM lookin at ur rear......dont worry I'll be there too so u can have 2 Alberta flaps too admire! Haha :D Glad to hear she rocks buddy! Hopefully its a good year with some big pow pow to play in! Cheers bro:beer;:beer;:beer;

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
What hood are you running? Im running a CR racing hood on my impulse apex...just curious what other options I have if I crunch this one haha

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
What hood are you running? Im running a CR racing hood on my impulse apex...just curious what other options I have if I crunch this one haha

Mountain fit hood is whats on there, and its tough!! I think if this hood breaks it will be the least of my worries seeing it was shipped folded in half! The hood was under $300 before tax as well.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
No prob brotha glad I could help out!:beer; As for NM lookin at ur rear......dont worry I'll be there too so u can have 2 Alberta flaps too admire! Haha :D Glad to hear she rocks buddy! Hopefully its a good year with some big pow pow to play in! Cheers bro:beer;:beer;:beer;

Haha keep talking brotha, you are going to eat those words;) like i said. "I cant wait until you pull the trigger on this sled"!

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Looks Great Buddy!!! Cant wait to hook up, when you comin down our way?

Thanks Laird:beer;I Still need a Skid and tunnel but in time.The skid will come first if its only one or the other that i can afford.As far as coming down, I was trying for after Christmas but thats not going to happen. Sooo looking at mid January ill make a trip down. Ill try to round up the Uta boys and them Albertans with their Reebok gear are always good to go, it will be good times. My birthday is jan. 20 and going to be 35 so better make it a gooder::beer;

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
This kit is the real deal..

I had the sled down in revy where there is a over abundance of boosted sleds to compare to. the Impulse race kit is the real deal. This set up makes mad power. Clutching was set up not bad for down there, so i can say i was happy with that. I was only running 14 psi and was clearly right with the fastest sleds there if not a little a head and running less boost. When i did crank it up i unfortunately blew my track off, but until then a 17 psi all i can say is holy %$#@#!!Thanks to Pylon "Mike" he got me going that night by lending me a track, Thanks buddy!!! No issues at all with this kit to speak of. It runs clean, no heat issues at all and by far the best throttle response and power of any turbo sled i have ridden. If your thinking of getting a kit look at the Impulse race kit, I give my word you will be happy! Hope to get back down for the BIS or Yammafest.

Last edited:

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
no prologger huh louie?

It has its advantages for boost control and spoolup over any mechanical boost controller!!! Theres still more on the table for that thing!!!

I couldnt be happier with my impulse 2860 kit!!!!

Premium Features