• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New color option for 2016 Summit X

E

EZ Ryder

Nov 17, 2013
the manta green doesn't do anything for that, think its time to move on from that color all together. also just wondering if they came out with this color option on their own or does ski doo actually come up with other color options based on the general public not agreeing with the original colors? I cant ever remember any other brand doing so.

P

ps700

Nov 27, 2007
BCs Northern Capital
I like it, probably the colour id order if I was getting a 16. At least they are thinking out of the box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I checked three new ones, all this color. I cannot stand black sleds personally, to each his own, and I won't Doo another yellow after this year, my T3 looks horrible after 700 miles. Scuffs on the powdercoat from gas hoses, boot marks, dirt and belt grime in crevices that I cannot get to.......

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I'm getting this color as well. I haven't seen it in real life yet but I will see it in Denver later this month. I know a lot of tasteless people think black is good taste but I think it's just boring. I'm glad skidoo does these bright colors. I do wish they had more color options. Like orange, blue, yellow, black, red, green , and a pink or purple for the lady folks. All these colors would need to be bright for sure. Not just the normal colors like Polaris. Polaris gives a lot of color options and it helps sell more sleds for sure. Skidoo just needs to do it now.

Last edited:
W

westhawk39

Dec 7, 2011
Whiteshell MB
Polaris has color options but nothing "out there". Just switched to Polaris but would check this sled in a heartbeat. I kind of like the fact that you could wear all black Klim gear but have a bright sled to stand out and not look like a total punk when your out and about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Aside from just looking neat, bright colors are safer in my opinion. I have stared straight at a buddy on a blue/black 2010 Summit, against trees, wearing black gear, and not seen him.
Another buddy on a 13 Summit (orange and black), with all black gear, same thing almost, I was looking for him from a mountain top and never saw him until he moved.
I wear bright green or orange gear, and ride bright sleds. If nothing else, when an avy hits my arse, it will be easier for them to find me and my stuff, to a degree.

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Agree, big fan of bright sleds/clothing. Actual snowmobile clothing is predominantly black, at least some sleds have bright color options. Visibility in trees with friend on black PRO RMK/black clothing/black helmet is nonexistent. Same difficulty seeing him unless he is moving substantially.

Premium Features