• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yamaha drives

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
Absolutely not.

I ran stock drivers on my apex with a 174 camo extreme for 3 years, around the 250 hp mark and never had any issues.

your fine

S
Sep 21, 2013
Drives

Ok thank you,wasn't sure as the dealer I've been talking to claims the stock drivers don't last he said he's been seeing usually around 1,000-1,500 km then there screwed start rounding off.I will also be no where near that much hp maybe dealer is trying to pull one on me but he's a pretty good mechanic always been pretty honest with me?

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
I have buddies who have never run extros on their sleds. 310 hp Apexes and 270 hp Nytros. I on the other hand, have never ran a turbo sled without them.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Depending on how you are on the throttle they might last, I have spun drivers on the shaft on a stock apex with aggresive clutching and a camo extreme track, drivers should be ok for awhile but if you ever change out the track, do the drivers while your there, IMO I don't run turbos without em

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Not necessary IMO. I have run stock drivers for two years now with my MPI 180 turbo kit and not had any issues. Spend your money in other areas (boards, arms, steering relocate, etc) first.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
I did the skinz air frames - no complaints, they work as advertised. No buildup, good grip for boots, and durable so far.

Last edited:
P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
For boards:
I have diamond S chromoly on my nytro and I really like them. Very strong and a great foot grip. However, you do have to cut off part of your rear suspension mount. If your using timbersled suspension mounts, it will weaken them, so you need to beef them up.

CR Racing and Skins are two other great options.

good luck

Premium Features