• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Update Kits for 09 800

M

MN 660

Nov 27, 2007
MN
still waiting here in southern MN for kits for 09 800 Switchbacks. 20 plus inches of snow and sled sits in garage. Bad Polaris!!

had 5 more inches Mon 12/21/09, 5 more inches Wed 12/23/09 with another 10-19 to arrive today thru Sat 1/26/2009. Sled sits with puked engine-Bad Polaris

Last edited:
R
Dec 24, 2008
I agree with bomb-ride it. If it is acting like something it going to let go, don't let off until the guts are hanging out of it.

M

MN 660

Nov 27, 2007
MN
update kits

Sled puked late march 09. Dealer and Polaris said to wait until new kits come in early Sept. to fix all problems. It is now 12/23/2009 and no kits and dealer says Polaris send kits when then feel like it! Bad Polaris! Last time I take advice from Polaris.

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Sled puked late march 09. Dealer and Polaris said to wait until new kits come in early Sept. to fix all problems. It is now 12/23/2009 and no kits and dealer says Polaris send kits when then feel like it! Bad Polaris! Last time I take advice from Polaris.

Why wasn't it fixed in the spring? Mine blew in April and got rebuilt by June, allowing me to ride this early season....still waiting on backordered 2010 parts from Polaris. :mad:

M

MN 660

Nov 27, 2007
MN
Update

As I stated in my last quote upon advice from dealer and Polaris wait until updates were done in Sept. as riding was over in late march.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Polaris ran out of the 09 update kits late last winter. Result, was some customers had to sacrifice some spring riding. If the dealers weren't on the ball ordering 2010 updates they are now playing the waiting game again. :(
Personal opinion........Polaris can have mine back. :(

R
Dec 24, 2008
Kits

Shame, Shame Monti, picking on the dealers. Backorders are a supply issue from Polaris. All Dealers i have talked to have been pushed back since early Oct. Mine have been backordered since Oct 6.

G

gcmci

Nov 21, 2007
Springfield,Oregon
www.gregcoenmc.com
Shame, Shame Monti, picking on the dealers. Backorders are a supply issue from Polaris. All Dealers i have talked to have been pushed back since early Oct. Mine have been backordered since Oct 6.

X2
10 kits back ordered at this time poo-poo says 01/01/2010 after changing ship date 5 times I'm not holding my breath and ride what you can until kits come off bo

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City

I didn't mean to make it sound like a dealer problem. I wasn't trying to pick on them at all. This is completely an ongoing distribution and communication problem right from Polaris. Rather than sending 1 kit for every 800 sold by each dealer. Polaris seems to just let each dealer fend for themselves? I can't understand how one dealer seems to be on top of the problems and orders a bunch of kits and the next dealer doesn't even know what you are talking about. It has been that way for ever, and I for one don't understand it. :confused:
I just remember last season people could no longer get rebuild kits. Talking with my dealer he ordered a bunch of them and now he is out too. Not sure how long of a wait if you haven't been updated yet? :confused:
My plan was to do my own rebuild with aftermarket parts. After removing my motor I am having second thoughts as to why I'm even trying. :( So I fix the motor. I still have to worry about the voltage regulator taking out my ECU and frying my brand new motor. Or if that doesn't ruin my vacation I'm sure having the throttle body boots de laminate will surely burn her down. There are far too many issues effecting these sleds. It is very unfortunate as I really like the sled, but once again quality control is biting Polaris in the rear.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
thats Because you are with one of the best informed dealers on the left coast!!

Actually... because of you ... things get done... that is more like it....Some dealers don't know what TSB you are talking about till you bring in your own print out of it... others call the customers and tell them to come in for for a fix even before the consumer has a problem.

Weird, I ordered 45 kits in Sept and recieved them all. Only have 3 sleds left in crates to do.

L

LT

Nov 20, 2008
menahga, mn.
im also from mn with snow coming! my 800 has been at the dealer for over a month now and not done. im super tempted to go pick it back up and just ride it but then ill be stuck at the back of the line on the waiting list. idk what to do.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Ya but what about us we have everyone done except one guy just won't bring it in, after 3 calls boy I bet he's pissed cause we won't go get it, just kidding , if your dealer ordered kits then did a few and did the paperwork and sent the old parts back they go to the top of the line to recieve kits if they are lazy and just ordered the kits but don't show poo that they are doing the work they let kits go to other dealers that need em cuz they show they are out.

R
Dec 24, 2008
RMK, you don't have a clue what your talking about. I did the updates as fast as the first kits came in and sent back the old parts the same day. Don't say that i am lazy!

J
I had no problems getting my 09 Dragon done. It was done in september! I purchased a new 09 Assault last week, and they did the updates to it in 1 day from when I told them I was going to buy it, had parts in stock. Maby they like the dealers out west better?:D

G

gcmci

Nov 21, 2007
Springfield,Oregon
www.gregcoenmc.com
Ya but what about us we have everyone done except one guy just won't bring it in, after 3 calls boy I bet he's pissed cause we won't go get it, just kidding , if your dealer ordered kits then did a few and did the paperwork and sent the old parts back they go to the top of the line to recieve kits if they are lazy and just ordered the kits but don't show poo that they are doing the work they let kits go to other dealers that need em cuz they show they are out.

You need to get a grip on reality,

Last edited:
Premium Features