• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

silber kit help!!

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
09 dragon 800. Just had local dealer put brand new complete motor, fuel filter and also new injectors in. my problem is sled runs horrible on top end, cant go over 6500 rpm unless sled is stoped and i go wot it will go like it should for couple seconds then will start cutting out again. Had a boot rip last week and could only reach 3-4 lbs boost but could hold the throttle wide open with out any cutting out or bogging. Have the attitude 3.25 version and played with the numbers and no luck! Can not get any change in the way it runs on top end, adjusting fuel pressure at 4 psi at a time from 38 to 46 with no luck. 10 psi wastgate but boost controller does not work at all. While its cutting out and bogging the lights are a yellow red/ blue but adjusting that mode either way does nothing. Waiting for justin to call me back but thought someone here would know what to do thanks.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
any time mine misses on top end wot the plugs are fouled try anew set gaped at 18 thou

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
It sounds like its running rich to me. Try going down 1 light on the Green blue. I it helps a little go down another. Do you have any guages?

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
It sounds like its running rich to me. Try going down 1 light on the Green blue. I it helps a little go down another. Do you have any guages?

have gone down to 3 on the green blue and runs worse, runs the best at 4.5 but still cant wot. from what i was told what ever color the box is in, is the mode you adjust. mine shows yellow red/ blue but adjust it either way and its worse. when first start up there red light on 6 then goes green back and forth. is the red light normal??

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
the flashing between red and green is normal. It means the injector is not on which is normal at idle. Once you rev it up a little it should go green. I had issues with my sled were adjustments didn't help and it would actually stall bad. I had a bad stator. You can ohm out the yellow wires and should be .013 ohms from yellow to yellow in 3 combinations. You can also messure the rectifier/voltage regulator in diode mode to make sure it is good.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
justin is in laramie. i just saw him there. i thought somebody told me the attitude v3 the lights going like that was normal but not on the 3.25. i had same problem. i was running mine waay too rich. for the boost controller are you trying to go up or down?

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
justin is in laramie. i just saw him there. i thought somebody told me the attitude v3 the lights going like that was normal but not on the 3.25. i had same problem. i was running mine waay too rich. for the boost controller are you trying to go up or down?

minimum i can run is 10 but even tring to go up it will not. my box goes solid red on number six then scrolls only green just wondering if the red light is saying something wrong.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
do you have it hooked up right? i had to turn the hell out of mine to get it to go up though too from the minimum. if your running the same one i got with the kit from him its a joe p or something you can look it up and i believe its the bottom nipple goes to boost source which is the charge tube. mine boosts 8 at the lowest. i would check your wiring i was starting to look for the thread earlier on that was the same problem with the 3.25

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
my silber turbo sled started to do the same thing yesterday i tried to play with my numbers but no luck i can do short bursts but if i hold it open it falls on its face if you figure it out let me know plz also what elevation are you running at

P
Jan 11, 2010
Riverton, WY
double check your boots between the airbox and throttle bodies. If thats ok pull your throttle bodies and look real close at the intake boot into the reed cage. I have split both out this year and every time I had the exact symptoms you are having now. The boots from the airbox split on the inside of the box. The boot on the reed cage blows the rubber loose from the aluminum plate and will start leaking boost. Hope this helps

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
double check your boots between the airbox and throttle bodies. If thats ok pull your throttle bodies and look real close at the intake boot into the reed cage. I have split both out this year and every time I had the exact symptoms you are having now. The boots from the airbox split on the inside of the box. The boot on the reed cage blows the rubber loose from the aluminum plate and will start leaking boost. Hope this helps

mine are brand new and i used windshield glue to glue down and does not leak. but have not checked the reed side. dealer here put new complete motor in and i would think they woould have said somethin but who knows.

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
i re glued my boots on my air box one looked like it maby was leaking. my reeds looked good and so did everything else i used a bore scope to check it all out. i guess ill just have to wait and see if that was the prob

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
plug the downpipe and make a coupler for the intake side of the turbo and pressure it up and check for leaks.

check your reeds

change your plugs and gap them down to .020

check your exhaust valves.

Also watch your gauges closely, a fluctuating boost gauges means your probally have a boost leak. And watch your wideband very close, you may be going way rich but it will read lean on the gauge.

Sorry I just got back from the snowies and the phone didnt work very well, got to love verizon when you have a Blackberry.

Thanks
Justin

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
boost problems

ok ill check that stuff out thanks. is there a better reed cage for turbos? and how much who sells the billet piece that helps seal reeds?

R

rmk_900

Jan 27, 2008
didn't you have the exact same problem with your cpi pipes? sounds to me you have a sled issue, not your turbo, and not your cpi pipes

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
didn't you have the exact same problem with your cpi pipes? sounds to me you have a sled issue, not your turbo, and not your cpi pipes

lol I was thinking the same thing...guess it has been a month ago though.

Well what was the problem C of D? Must have got it fixed?

Premium Features