• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Full vent kits??

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Just putting a feeler out... After all I've read about getting heat out, thought I should do something about it.. PM with response if you wish... That or I may do a louver of sorts with the stock panels.. I don't need anything fancy, just functional but would like to vent it well,, on a budget because there are a lot of little things I need to do to make the sled more bullet proof. For my own protection........
Thanks............

M
Feb 28, 2011
MT Lassen

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
We have run quite a few sets of these from fastlane. For the price you can't hardly afford to make your own and the fabric is pretty tough. I prefer tree riding and have not ripped one yet. Also, the weave is tight enough that you don't need to add any frogskin on the backside to keep snow from comming through.

http://www.flaneinc.com/Flo-Vent-M-Series-Black.html

A gage cage of some sort works well. Heat rises and these provied a good opening at the top of the hood without cutting new holes. Plus you can actually see the gage when standing.

Last edited:

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Ya, I thought I would open the dash area and the top sides of the hood as well. Been shopping sources for plastic and have found one that I think will allow creating lots of vents.....

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Another question

Just putting a feeler out... After all I've read about getting heat out, thought I should do something about it.. PM with response if you wish... That or I may do a louver of sorts with the stock panels.. I don't need anything fancy, just functional but would like to vent it well,, on a budget because there are a lot of little things I need to do to make the sled more bullet proof. For my own protection........
Thanks............

So to go along with this post,,what tool do you use to cut the holes in the hood??
Roto-zip, or what?

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
The only holes I've cut in hood are just above the speedo on the round hump. I used a hole saw then covered the holes with abs sheet with the same holes drilled in it and backed it with 2 layers of fiberglass screen and then fastened to hood with windshield plastic rivets or whatever they are called.

This lets heat out and air in, plus the best part, it is a great place to put the goggles when you stop because if they are there for like 2 minutes or more they are warm and defogged when you put them back on.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
If you really want to get rid of heat and make your sled perform good, get a Diamond-s mesh hood with the air plenum. I ran this hood for three years and my son still has one on his '10. Best $500 you can spend on an M.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Hood

If you really want to get rid of heat and make your sled perform good, get a Diamond-s mesh hood with the air plenum. I ran this hood for three years and my son still has one on his '10. Best $500 you can spend on an M.

Yes sir that is an option,, does this hood come with a gauge pod?? I am kicking myself, there was a guy selling a Mt fit hood new in plastic for a real good price and I hesitated. He also had side panels vented but I hadn't bought a sled yet so here I am looking for options...

Premium Features