• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CR500 Junkie going to give the snobike thing a try

R
Apr 18, 2016
My name is Matt and I have been riding CR500's since 1988. I used to ride track when I was a kid living in the Bay Area of California...moved to Reno to play Football at UNR and never left because of the mountains and great singletrack. I ride my bike from my house often in the summer and have miles of singletrack and miles of my own secret stuff. In the winter I move deeper into the desert and ride up to about 2' of snow on my dirtbike. I have owned a few sleds and don't really enjoy working on them that much and they handle a little funny for me, just haven't put enough time into trying I'm sure. Anyway been seeing this snow bike thing and it looks right up my alley on the way it handles and I have spare CR500's I pretty much just stare at so I took the plunge and snow checked one without ever trying one out. Figure if I don't like it I can sell it at a loss and move on. I used to love snowboarding and I am still terrorizing weekly on a dirtbike I'll just give it a go. Talked a buddy into it who rides 500's with me and here we go. We are going to put the kit on Steel framed dedicated snowbikes and leave our AF's alone. I have a sand CR500 as well but the thing is ported to run like a 125 so I'm not sure if that is the route I am looking to go.

Anyway I'm here and hello.

My screen name here is Rhino89523...same as it is over on the 500 sites and ebay. I'm a pretty big guy who picked up the nickname rhino as a football player and my zip is 89523...started out as my ebay ID years ago and has morphed into my full internet persona...I don't hide behind it.

Hello

Premium Features