For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Sleds 2004.5-200, all models in the REV chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Currently: Never play leapfrog with a unicorn
Basic Member
RMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thinking of going Doo...

Thinking about making a brand swap this year... still on the fence but it's either spend about $400 on my 03 Escape or spend roughly $1000 and move to a Rev chassis. The sled in question:
04 Summit 800
full built motor
Aftermarket rear skid- 159"
Aftermarket tunnel
Owned by a Doo mechanic
2400 miles on the sled, 800 on the built motor
170hp horse or so
Digatron gauges

Now I know what you all are wondering... who built the motor? Good question! My buddy who looked at it for me wasn't sure 100%... said it was built in Montana He said he thought it was Hog-somethingorother... I've heard the name Trygstad a few times, do they build motors? The guy that owns it now works for the Doo shop and said basically the only thing stock is the front suspension and panels, runs good just wants to upgrade.
So... whaddya think, big mistake?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04doo.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	79100  

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
steve2wheeler has a reputation beyond reputesteve2wheeler has a reputation beyond reputesteve2wheeler has a reputation beyond reputesteve2wheeler has a reputation beyond reputesteve2wheeler has a reputation beyond reputesteve2wheeler has a reputation beyond reputesteve2wheeler has a reputation beyond reputesteve2wheeler has a reputation beyond reputesteve2wheeler has a reputation beyond reputesteve2wheeler has a reputation beyond reputesteve2wheeler has a reputation beyond repute

i think that seems like a really sweet deal. Make sure you find out who built the motor so you can get pistons for it in the future. You can't really go wrong with that sled the only problem i had with my 04 was the rings flaking and you already got a new motor in that so you don't have to worry about that. I used to have a 03 zx chasis which is similiar to you edge and the switch to the rev chassis was great. I give two thumbs up for the upgrade.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Currently: Pabst Blue Ribboning
Basic Member
slimjim has a reputation beyond reputeslimjim has a reputation beyond reputeslimjim has a reputation beyond reputeslimjim has a reputation beyond reputeslimjim has a reputation beyond reputeslimjim has a reputation beyond reputeslimjim has a reputation beyond reputeslimjim has a reputation beyond reputeslimjim has a reputation beyond reputeslimjim has a reputation beyond reputeslimjim has a reputation beyond repute
Default free parts

And people will send you free parts! You dont even have to pay for them! Awesome!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Currently: Are we there ?
SJORMK7 has a reputation beyond reputeSJORMK7 has a reputation beyond reputeSJORMK7 has a reputation beyond reputeSJORMK7 has a reputation beyond reputeSJORMK7 has a reputation beyond reputeSJORMK7 has a reputation beyond reputeSJORMK7 has a reputation beyond reputeSJORMK7 has a reputation beyond reputeSJORMK7 has a reputation beyond reputeSJORMK7 has a reputation beyond reputeSJORMK7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doo you Switch

Last year I switched from a 2003,800 verticale escape, 159. To a 2007 summit 800 XRS 151.This was a huge learning curve for me,I have always rode rmks,The summit always felt like I was going to tip over,this took alot of time to get used to the way it handled,By the end of the year I was very confident in the sled.Too me the xrs has loads more power then the 03 rmk.The very best part of the summit before I really figured out how to ride it was Going up hills or sidehilling.It was a complete animal.On the clutches I ran a balanced clutch on the rmk and honestly can say I never blew a belt.The summit went through 3 last year.Any way blah blah I know, the rev is a upgrade over a 03 rmk.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Basic Member
nigg35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Iv been a pol. fan for 20 years got my first rev in 06 just love it took a bit of gettin used of . But well worth the lookin like a rooky for the first few rides.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Basic Member
RMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond repute

I've been riding RMK's for about 6 years now (first was an 01 700/144, then my 03 Escape) so I'm real nervous about switching to the Rev chassis 'cuz I know I'm gonna have a hard time getting used to it. The only Rev's I've rode were 2 different 1000's and I didn't spend much time on them (nor did I care for them much... )
My other big concern with this sled in particular is I do NOT want a tuner sled... I'd much rather be riding than tuning. If this one is pull and go that would be sweet... but I don't want to have to be tinkering all the time and worrying about where to find race fuel.
Ahhhhh... I hate making decisions. I think I'll call the dealership that has it tomorrow and get some more info.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Basic Member
700rmker has a reputation beyond repute700rmker has a reputation beyond repute700rmker has a reputation beyond repute700rmker has a reputation beyond repute700rmker has a reputation beyond repute700rmker has a reputation beyond repute700rmker has a reputation beyond repute700rmker has a reputation beyond repute700rmker has a reputation beyond repute700rmker has a reputation beyond repute700rmker has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I'm hoping to switch to a rev chassis this year. I think the rev handles much better overall than any edge chassis. If you don't want a tuner find a more stock rev with a stock motor. A 800 rev stock or with a pipe setup good is a lot snappier than any edge 800 rmk. Looks like a fine looking sled though.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Currently: Boostin' all over the place!
Basic Member
triple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond repute

Get it!! We can make it rock and get it to run pump gas if you are worried about that!!

Jake

The Following User Says Thank You to triple7 For This Useful Post:
rmk 700 (01-09-2012)
Old 10-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Basic Member

I had a PM from a member that said if the motor was built by "Hog Shop" (which sounds about right... my phone was cutting out when I talked to my buddy that looked at the sled) they don't have a real good reputation and are out of business now. Makes me real nervous!
I'm going to call the dealer that has it today and get some info from the horse's mouth and see what they have to say.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Premium Member
Thanked 2,947 Times in 1,611 Posts
winter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Currently: Do I smell 2 stroke?
Basic Member
GUNGA GALUNGA has a reputation beyond reputeGUNGA GALUNGA has a reputation beyond reputeGUNGA GALUNGA has a reputation beyond reputeGUNGA GALUNGA has a reputation beyond reputeGUNGA GALUNGA has a reputation beyond reputeGUNGA GALUNGA has a reputation beyond reputeGUNGA GALUNGA has a reputation beyond reputeGUNGA GALUNGA has a reputation beyond reputeGUNGA GALUNGA has a reputation beyond reputeGUNGA GALUNGA has a reputation beyond reputeGUNGA GALUNGA has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 10-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Currently: Wishing I was more like Elk
Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,176 Posts
NorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 10-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Basic Member
Cyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Currently: Happy New Year!
Basic Member
revrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Basic Member
Cyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond reputeCyle has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 10-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Basic Member
revrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond reputerevrider1 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 10-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Currently: Waiting for more snow!
KEPT ENT. has a reputation beyond reputeKEPT ENT. has a reputation beyond reputeKEPT ENT. has a reputation beyond reputeKEPT ENT. has a reputation beyond reputeKEPT ENT. has a reputation beyond reputeKEPT ENT. has a reputation beyond reputeKEPT ENT. has a reputation beyond reputeKEPT ENT. has a reputation beyond reputeKEPT ENT. has a reputation beyond reputeKEPT ENT. has a reputation beyond reputeKEPT ENT. has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 10-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Basic Member
Marbur1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 10-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Basic Member
Cheynespub has a reputation beyond reputeCheynespub has a reputation beyond reputeCheynespub has a reputation beyond reputeCheynespub has a reputation beyond reputeCheynespub has a reputation beyond reputeCheynespub has a reputation beyond reputeCheynespub has a reputation beyond reputeCheynespub has a reputation beyond reputeCheynespub has a reputation beyond reputeCheynespub has a reputation beyond reputeCheynespub has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register