• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Here's my fix for the MCX air filter icing.

M

mitty26

Jan 4, 2008
Alberta
Had some free time so i thought i would build something for the MCX icing issue. I can also use the whole tunnel shelf for fuel and a bag. Tell me what you figure.

DSC01371.jpg DSC01372.jpg DSC01376.jpg DSC01375.jpg

M

mitty26

Jan 4, 2008
Alberta
Got an outerwear coming for the K&N , probably don't need the K&N there but i didn't want a hole with nothing in it after i took out the muffler.

Brutis20

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I talked to MCX about this and they say no issues as long as you can handle the noise. Hey ,itty look similar to what I got, let me know how it works out with the exhaust that way. I may get to try it this weekend. I was thinking of building a plate like that but have my exhaust inside it so no freezing, will wait and see though. What did you use to "T" in your other air filter, also where did you get that other air filter?

M

mitty26

Jan 4, 2008
Alberta
I tee'd it with 1.5 inch i.d abs fittings , the o.d of the fittings were very close to the i.d of the 2.25 inch hose. I abs glued all the piping solid and wrapped it in aluminum heat tape . The exhaust doesn't even come close so i should be good. The filter is a K&N off of a 99 ish to 08 ish Scrambler 500. I do have the part number from parts canada if you need.

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Looks good, after my first trip out last weekend the icing is indeed a pain in the arse. I take it your work is all diy not a kit?

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Nice raptor. I new you'd get boost. Set-up looks good. Should be nice and loud for the guy behind you. Snow muffles sound anyway. Well have to get together for a ride this winter so I can check it out.

M

mitty26

Jan 4, 2008
Alberta
ya it was DIY , it was actually a piece of cake though. Got the aluminum from a welding shop and just started bending and triming until it all fit good.

Hey flying , i went with 240 . Hope it's enough but if not then i will do the upgrade lol.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Heres a pic of the seat that we designed for the rear mounts if you havent seen one....sweet seat
P1010524.jpg
[/IMG]

M

mitty26

Jan 4, 2008
Alberta
Maybe in the future , i got to quit spending money on this thing lol . I got about 25000.00 into it and .5 km on it lol , but i am making my summer list already.

ryan7

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2008
Lloydminster
Hey where did you get the flange for the exhaust? Does anyone make the plate for the tunnel to cover the turbo in from the bottom?

M

mitty26

Jan 4, 2008
Alberta
i got the flange from fountain tire but any exhaust shop should be able to get it. The bottom plate was super easy to build, i went with 15.5 inches wide and 16 inches long 1/8 thick. Taper the back a little bit ( i think the taper measurement was 13.5 inches) drill 2 holes in the back and mount in the factory holes , drill 2 holes in the front to attach to the MCX aluminum cross brace . The material for the underplate was like $15.00

M

mitty26

Jan 4, 2008
Alberta
It is just a regular flange , i do beleive he said it is a common flange for a chev truck. Fountain just measured the o.d of the pipe and bolt center to center.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Had some free time so i thought i would build something for the MCX icing issue. I can also use the whole tunnel shelf for fuel and a bag. Tell me what you figure.

How does that tunnel dump work? Fill with snow? It would give guys an option of tunnel dump without having to cut the tunnel cooler. Any more pics of the tunnel dump?

Premium Features