• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone installed the push turbo yet

Powder Man

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2009
Kennewick wa
I'm looking for a low boost turbo set up as this is what my budget will allow for at this time and I'm wondering if anyone has ran the push setup yet. I've found it for as low as $3200 from a yamaha parts website. Would I be satisfied with this kit or should I just save for the mcx 180 or wait until next year for a larger kit, thanks.

Bushman900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2008
Morrison,Co
Talked to Push turbo, they claim 50 kits were sent out, I ordered one early Oct and still nothing. Talked to Yamaha yesterday and I can not get an answer from them either, when mine will be delivered. So now I ordered the MCX 180 kit. I have been researching the same this is what I have found Push $3,995. MCX $4,900 with clutch kit. Push is 8lbs set, MCX adjusts, to keep 180hp all the time. Push claims you can send back thier control box for reflash and get a boost controller to get closer to 235hp to 240hp with no shim. Not sure thats safe.:face-icon-small-dis

Powder Man

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2009
Kennewick wa
I found the push kit for $3100 including clutching, and I was considering it but it is untested and lacks many of the features of the main stream kits. I saw this kit in person at the puyallup snow show, it looked clean but the turbo was the size of a hair dryer. If they said they could put it to 230hp without an intercooler and that tiny turbo, they're blowing more hot air than their turbo does. I wish yamaha would have went with mcx but what can you do. The boondocker kit I'm probably going with I was quoted installed for very similar money than the 180 mcx kit by itself.

J
Dec 3, 2010
I found the push kit for $3100 including clutching, and I was considering it but it is untested and lacks many of the features of the main stream kits. I saw this kit in person at the puyallup snow show, it looked clean but the turbo was the size of a hair dryer. If they said they could put it to 230hp without an intercooler and that tiny turbo, they're blowing more hot air than their turbo does. I wish yamaha would have went with mcx but what can you do. The boondocker kit I'm probably going with I was quoted installed for very similar money than the 180 mcx kit by itself.

Where are you guys finding this kit so cheap?!

C
Jan 24, 2009
i ordered one and when it back ordered i switched to the mpi super and had it 3 days later. i have rode it twice and love it. you can upgrade this kit to. i think i was told around the 240 horse area. remember when you drop the push kit and go to mcx or boondocker or any other kit you lose your warranty, just a heads up. i had mine done buy outlaw motor sports and it has been flawless. call dustin he can tell you anything you want to no, 541-426-3491

M
Mar 31, 2010
These guys find Push kits for cheap because that's what there worth. If you compare what you get from Yamaha, Push vs. MPI I would feel ripped off if I ordered a Push kit.

R

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Oct 28, 2010
Swift Current,SK
I have seen the PUSH turbo on a 2010 MTX installed. Looks pretty cheap and not well built, turbo is tiny. Is only designed to run at certain altitudes. Is brand new and unproven, and if you read the fine print from yamaha i am not so sure about warranty...

Important: The PUSH turbo kit is designed only for operation at elevations above 6000 feet. While installation of this kit will not “void” your snowmobile’s warranty, specific failures determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or other modifications may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or extended service coverage.

I know I would pay the extra for an MCX or REAL PROVEN WELL KNOWN turbo kit vs. the push turbo. yikes!

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
our local dealer is giving the MPI's with each new MTX purchase...not sure on the specifics...but that is what I heard on the radio...

Premium Features