• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride on silber d7 turbo

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
must be impressive, kicks butt and not even dialed in?
so does it boondock better because the TD8 is at 7psi and the
Tnytro is at 16 psi, could less power = better control when boondocking?

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
if i run one on my 08 700, can i run it with 5psi around sask with pump gas? and what would the expected hp be??? the boondocker chart shows around 200...

Y
Jan 22, 2008
Itshe D8t that lost the turbo. The guys at Facet pumps confirmed an oil pump failure. Justin at Silber service is a great guy, he fired out a new oil pump and turbo so we were able to ride the next weekend(thanks Silber fantastic service). As far as comparing to the impulse nitro. I thought the D8 performed very well 9# vs 14# on the nitro. I dont think a 2-stroke turbo will be able to compare against a 4-stroke when it comes to absolute power. Dollar for dollar I think the 2-stroke guys will give the 4-stroke a run for the money. Take off the spending limit and the 4-strokes will dominate(how fast can you afford to go?). I would however much prefer the weight and handling of a 2-stroke, the Silber setup is crisp, clean and no fuss. all I have done is add gas, oil, pull the rope and ride. I know most of the 4-strokes have been the same way, but honestly how worn out do you feel at the end of the day? I feel great and ready to go again. I will sacrifice some horsepower for rideability any day, and thats where I'm at with the Silber D8T.

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
Glad to hear you enjoy your TD8, should be a runner, only time will tell
if it will continue to be so trouble free, as far as how one would feel after
a couple days of riding would all depend on the physical condition of that
person, one thing is certain, they are all quality machines with good and bad in every one.
Better get back to the gym so I can handle my big overweight and under
powered Yami :)

Y
Jan 22, 2008
Sledneck_03, I wish I could help you out. Everything we do is high alt 8500+ feet. Give Justin at Silber a call, he's always been more than willing to answer questions and help a guy out. If you do a turbo kit let us know how it works out.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Sledneck_03, I wish I could help you out. Everything we do is high alt 8500+ feet. Give Justin at Silber a call, he's always been more than willing to answer questions and help a guy out. If you do a turbo kit let us know how it works out.

i see they have a 3psi gate for $125............i dont know how much hp that would be. meh even 170-180 would be decent if i could run 200+hp in the hills on pump gas

Premium Features